Dodge Ram The full size truck that leads the way in innovative and unique styling, the Dodge Ram. With best in class available horsepower, the Dodge Ram out runs any competitor.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Mall of Georgia

Temperature gauge goin crazy

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2005, 08:03 PM
5.91500beast
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Temperature gauge goin crazy

Well, it wouldnt have been right if i was to leave my ram without one last problem...today i was driving, and all of a sudden my Check gauges light came on, and i looked down, and my water temperature gauge thing was all the way in the red, so i pulled over, stopped popped the hood..couldnt see any cracks or anything from the radiator hose or anything, put the hood back down and started her up..and the gauge was back to its normal position. Then i started driving and again it slloowwllly started climbing back towards the higher temperatures. any ideas at all??..oh, and another problem started too..my windshield washer fluid stopped working? the tank's full, but when i push the button, nothing squirts out..any idears?

Old 01-18-2005, 01:57 AM
RamminGawga
Default RE: Temperature gauge goin crazy

Could be :
stuck closed thermostat
restricted radiator
bad waterpump
also check belt tensioner. They have a tendecy to freeze in the loose position. It should freely move ( with a bit effort) and return freely by spring pressure. (check with engine off of course). You can loosen up the tensioner with spray oil and move back and forth several times). If too much play on pulley, replace with new tensioner. Replace belt.
Windshieldwasher:
Check for power at the pump. If there is power (when button is pushed) replace with new pump (autozone I believe is $16, OEM is 35 for same pump).
Enjoy the ride

Old 01-18-2005, 12:51 PM
LilMzRam
Record Breaker
Default RE: Temperature gauge goin crazy

Have you checked the fluid level in your radiator? My Caprice had a slow leak and once did the same thing your vehicle is doing, it was just really low. That's all I can offer.

Quick Reply: Temperature gauge goin crazy