Dodge Ram The full size truck that leads the way in innovative and unique styling, the Dodge Ram. With best in class available horsepower, the Dodge Ram out runs any competitor.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Mall of Georgia

Smoked a Hemi

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2004, 06:48 PM
kaostik
Veteran
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Smoked a Hemi

any aftermarket parts for the titan at all? id imagine close to nothing, that kinda sucks right now, only because its fun modding up your vehicle.

Old 02-27-2004, 01:43 AM
dd564
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Not much for parts yet. It's only been out for 3, really two months, so expect more in summer and fall.

I'm not changing anything on mine. Plenty of power for what I need it for. Not sure if it would beat a Hemi,
but it'll take just about any other stock pickup.

Old 02-27-2004, 01:46 AM
kaostik
Veteran

yeah, but it could be nice to make it aesthetically different from every other titan out there, maybe thats just me, i see tons of rams out there that, parked together in a lot, i wouldnt be able to pick mine out right away, i like mine to stand out.

Old 02-27-2004, 01:54 AM
dd564
Rookie

Good point, but fortunately for me, due to limited inventories at this point I don't have to worry. I'm the only owner of a black crew cab in my metropolitan area, and will be until a few more orders come through for those early birds who special ordered.

If it has 4 doors, and it's black, it's mine.

Old 02-27-2004, 03:38 AM
BigDave
Professional

ORIGINAL: sgbofav

ORIGINAL: jgralka

So dd just wondering, when you buy a jap truck do you have to send the money(and the jobs) to japan, or does the dealer take care of the dirty work?

HEMI an american legend, built in MEXICO. Tell DCX to bring it back home.
95 percent of the Titan truck is built and assembled in Smyrna Tenn. Since the plant is in Tenn , they employ Americans citizens to build the Titan. What is more American than a truck built in the USA, by Americans. Some profit going Back to Japan is not a bad thing. Dodge trucks assembled in Mexico, with the profits going back to Germany (which isn't very pro-American see the war on terror) is no more American than Nissan is today.

Research your facts before making a post about what is American and what is not .

I own two Dodge trucks, 1 GM car, I'm an NRA member, and I vote in every election so questioning my Patriotism is out of the question.

Research your facts?? Come-on, how much research did you do? I have my window sticker right in front of me, and my 2004 Dodge Ram 1500 was assembled in Fenton, Missouri. It consists of 75% US/Canadian made parts, which does not include the American assembly work. The Hemi engine is made in a brand new factory in Saltillo, Mexico. Your so-called Tennessee made Titan is actually assembled in Canton, Mississippi. The Titan's engine is made in the once cancelled Decherd, TN engine facility. I say once cancelled, because Nissan chose to build their engine plant along with the Sentra in Mexico first, pushing the Decherd ground breaking back until their sales picked up. A visit to your local Nissan dealer will determine the U.S. content of the Titan. It could be more, but it could be less than my German truck.

As far as profits, neither Nissan nor Daimler/Chrysler have seen any profits on these trucks. Both companies spent a lot of $$ on new facilities & new designs, in fact at least in the near term, the U.S. has been benefiting from their foreign investment.

Old 02-28-2004, 01:25 AM
dd564
Rookie

I believe that my Nissan was build in Canton, MS. I didn't follow it here, and I didn't check each part to see where it was made, but there was some certificate or something saying it was made witha certain percentage of American made parts. Not sure if it was 100% or 30%.

I could care less if it was built here or in Japan. Most people who buy Nissans, Toyota's, Volkswagons, Hondas, Volvo's, etc probably could care less. What I find funny are the people who think that they buy buying their Big Three truck is some form of patriotism.

If we were worried about foreign parts and foreign labor, we should worry about foreign gas. Oh wait... crap, I need gas.

Fact is that if we had the great quality of vehicles 20 years ago in this country, the foreign automakers would not be making pickup trucks here. But copanies like GM kept building identical vehicles, throwing different grills and dash boards on them, and started calling them Oldsomobiles, Chevrolets, Buicks, Pontiacs, and Cadillacs. Worst part, they were all crap. If I was buying cars in the 80's I wish I would have been smart enough and open minded enough to buy an import.

Old 02-28-2004, 01:56 AM
BigDave
Professional

ORIGINAL: dd564

But copanies like GM kept building identical vehicles, throwing different grills and dash boards on them, and started calling them Oldsomobiles, Chevrolets, Buicks, Pontiacs, and Cadillacs.
Luckily the Lexus ES330 isn't a rebadged Toyota Camry, likewise for the Lexus GX470, LX470, RX330 and the Toyota 4Runner, Land Cruiser, Highlander. What a relief that the Inifiti Q56, I35, G35 aren't the Nissan Armada, Maxima, Altima with differnet grill and dash. It's also good that the Porsche Cayanne, the Volkswagon Toureg, and the soon to be Audi SUV aren't the same SUV with different window dressing. I'm happy that your cleared that up for me.

It's sad that Oldmobile, Cheverolet, Buick, Pontiac, and Cadillac were created by some marketeer and weren't separate car companies at one time, unlike Lexus and Infiniti must have brought their own culture and style to their new peer companies to produce such unique vehicles.

Old 02-28-2004, 02:06 AM
dd564
Rookie

ORIGINAL: BigDave

ORIGINAL: dd564

But copanies like GM kept building identical vehicles, throwing different grills and dash boards on them, and started calling them Oldsomobiles, Chevrolets, Buicks, Pontiacs, and Cadillacs.
Luckily the Lexus ES330 isn't a rebadged Toyota Camry, likewise for the Lexus GX470, LX470, RX330 and the Toyota 4Runner, Land Cruiser, Highlander. What a relief that the Inifiti Q56, I35, G35 aren't the Nissan Armada, Maxima, Altima with differnet grill and dash. It's also good that the Porsche Cayanne, the Volkswagon Toureg, and the soon to be Audi SUV aren't the same SUV with different window dressing. I'm happy that your cleared that up for me.

It's sad that Oldmobile, Cheverolet, Buick, Pontiac, and Cadillac were created by some marketeer and weren't separate car companies at one time, unlike Lexus and Infiniti must have brought their own culture and style to their new peer companies to produce such unique vehicles.
BigDave,

Of course all brands rebadge their vehicles, but Daimler Chrysler is actually one of the ones that do it better than other companies. My point was that in the 80's, the GM vehicles looked more similiar than any other two sister brands do now.

Example would have been the 1999 Chryslers and Dodges. Sure, similiarities, but they actually did look different. Same with Nissan & Infinite, Audi and Volkswagon, etc. etc.

Old 02-28-2004, 02:11 AM
sgbofav
Professional

ORIGINAL: BigDave

ORIGINAL: sgbofav

ORIGINAL: jgralka

So dd just wondering, when you buy a jap truck do you have to send the money(and the jobs) to japan, or does the dealer take care of the dirty work?

HEMI an american legend, built in MEXICO. Tell DCX to bring it back home.
95 percent of the Titan truck is built and assembled in Smyrna Tenn. Since the plant is in Tenn , they employ Americans citizens to build the Titan. What is more American than a truck built in the USA, by Americans. Some profit going Back to Japan is not a bad thing. Dodge trucks assembled in Mexico, with the profits going back to Germany (which isn't very pro-American see the war on terror) is no more American than Nissan is today.

Research your facts before making a post about what is American and what is not .

I own two Dodge trucks, 1 GM car, I'm an NRA member, and I vote in every election so questioning my Patriotism is out of the question.

Research your facts?? Come-on, how much research did you do? I have my window sticker right in front of me, and my 2004 Dodge Ram 1500 was assembled in Fenton, Missouri. It consists of 75% US/Canadian made parts, which does not include the American assembly work. The Hemi engine is made in a brand new factory in Saltillo, Mexico. Your so-called Tennessee made Titan is actually assembled in Canton, Mississippi. The Titan's engine is made in the once cancelled Decherd, TN engine facility. I say once cancelled, because Nissan chose to build their engine plant along with the Sentra in Mexico first, pushing the Decherd ground breaking back until their sales picked up. A visit to your local Nissan dealer will determine the U.S. content of the Titan. It could be more, but it could be less than my German truck.

As far as profits, neither Nissan nor Daimler/Chrysler have seen any profits on these trucks. Both companies spent a lot of $$ on new facilities & new designs, in fact at least in the near term, the U.S. has been benefiting from their foreign investment.

No matter how you put it, Dodges aren't 100% American, neither are Fords and Chevies for that matter.

I don't own a Titan, I own two dodge trucks, here is a picture

Another fact is they claim they can tow more? What a crock...
Since the Titan is a weeker truck, what they did is use a Stage 5 towing hitch which I don't care WHAT you put that on, of course it will tow
more. All Dodge and Ford trucks have the option for Stage 5. Previous trucks only used Stage 2, 3 or 4 at the most. Stage 5 is reserved for the big Heavy Duties. So, put a Stage 5 on a RAM Hemi...and what happens? You can pull near 5000 more lbs than the Nissan Titan with the same Stage 5 Hitch..

Are you saying that all Dodge trucks even 1500 1/2 tons can be ordered with a stage 5 hitch or just "Big Heavy Duties" ? Your asking for trouble if you put a class 5 hitch on a 1/2 ton truck and tow a class 5 trailer, regardless of brand.

The Titan is a 1/2 ton truck not a 3/4 or 1 ton truck. Of course a 2500 or 3500 Ram will have a larger towing capacity, it was designed for that purpose (stiffer frame, stronger axles, stronger suspension).

Compare apples with apples, not 1/2 ton Titans to 3/4 and 1 ton Rams that can tow more.

Old 02-28-2004, 02:25 AM
BigDave
Professional

Volkswagon Pasat & Audi A6 has something more than a different grill? Wait a minute the Toyota Camry and the Lexus ES330 have the same grill, or at least the same set of ugly headlights. Chevy's were different from Buicks, and different from Cadillacs, they shared platforms and engines for the most part, but they were as different as many of today's rebadged siblings. I think the difference that you are applying to yesteryear versus today, is that Chevy and Buick offered vehicles in pretty much the same price range, where as today it luxury brands with more bells and whistles are for the most part rebadged common brands.

Quick Reply: Smoked a Hemi