Dodge Ram The full size truck that leads the way in innovative and unique styling, the Dodge Ram. With best in class available horsepower, the Dodge Ram out runs any competitor.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Mall of Georgia

Gas Prices

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2005, 04:59 PM
AZ_HEMI
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Gas Prices

Ok, who else thinks we're all getting SCREWED on gas prices? I know that oil prices are fairly high, and things in the Middle East aren't great, but I read an article in the Arizona Republic a few weeks back that said Exxon Oil Company posted RECORD profits for the fourth quarter of 2004. Hmmm... We're all paying record, or near-record gas prices, and the oil companies are posting record profits. I'm sure that's just an odd coincidence... HA! I could not think of more obvious evidence for the blatant price-gouging we're being subjected to.

Another thing that bothers me, where's the public outcry on this?!?! The price of gas, which is something nearly every household in America uses, is through the roof, and we all just sit back and take it because we think there's nothing we can do??? Well we should at least TRY! I finally had it today, and wrote a letter to Arizona's Attorney General. Who knows what'll happen, but maybe it's at least a start. I think we should all write letters to our respective state attorney generals, or at least to someone. Maybe I'll write a letter to the editor for the newspaper, see if I can get something going there, I don't know. But one thing I do know is that it's only going to get worse if we don't show that we're upset. Come "peak driving season" they'll raise prices quickly and often, setting new records. Then, during the winter, they'll lower prices one or two cents every other week, trying to make us think they're doing all they can to ease the impact on our finances, which will only set the stage for even higher records the next summer.

C'MON!!! We don't have to bend over and take this!!! IT'S REVOLUTION!!!

Hahaha, ok maybe not that far, but I think we ought to at least try. If anyone is interested, or as pissed off about this as I am, I could try and put the letter I sent on here, and everyone could just copy/paste it so you wouldn't even have to write your own...

Old 02-18-2005, 08:01 PM
Drew
Professional
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Gas Prices

heres what you do. . .build another oil refinery somewhere, who ever shows up to protest shoot them DEAD!!!

the reason, and only reason the fuel is going up in price like this are the enviro wackies and their "Special Blends" that from their studies of cars that get 50-60 miles to the gallon reduce emmisions slightly, however in the real world of eveyone and their 25 or less mileage it actualy produces more emissions which only gives them more ammo to say that we are damageing the world and causeing global warming. . .[sm=bs.gif]

take out the blended fuel, build more refineries and the fuel prices will go down.

do you realize the newest refinery was built in 1978!!! and for these crappy blends that give you worse fuel mileage to be produced the refineries HAVE to shut down to switch over between summer and winter.[:@]

Old 02-18-2005, 10:02 PM
gpzjack
Veteran

I can sum it up in one word. BUSH He and his oil buddies are screwing us and the general public contiues to buy gas pigs and contribute. You wanna screw the oil guys ....start buying more hybrid cars. My wifes minivan comes up off lease soon and we will probably buy a hybrid. Get ready for $3 a gallon this summer. They had a thing in the paper about how there gonna cut production to keep the price up. Have to start riding my bike more 45mpg

Old 02-18-2005, 10:36 PM
gilitar
Amateur

ORIGINAL: gpzjack

I can sum it up in one word. BUSH He and his oil buddies are screwing us and the general public contiues to buy gas pigs and contribute. You wanna screw the oil guys ....start buying more hybrid cars. My wifes minivan comes up off lease soon and we will probably buy a hybrid. Get ready for $3 a gallon this summer. They had a thing in the paper about how there gonna cut production to keep the price up. Have to start riding my bike more 45mpg

Every liberal i have ever had a conversation with says "it's Bush and his oil buddies". I have yet to see the proof. I for one believe that one reason that we are seeing higher gas prices is because over the past ten years all of the auto companies have focused on building bigger more powerful vehicles. This in turn has created far more demand on oil. It's called supply and demand. Sure, I believe they could help on the supply side by producing more gas, but demand has alot to do with current prices. In closing, I don't want you guys to think that I am blaming it all on demand, but I am trying to say that this problem isn't as simple as some people make it sound. Yes I think that Bush and the governement could do more to help lower gas prices. Yes I think that we need to start focusing more resources into developing alternative fuel sources.

Old 02-18-2005, 11:58 PM
gpzjack
Veteran

It also has to do with demand from india and china. Something like 1000 cars a day or week added to the roads in china. Anyway lets be honest does anyone really think we would be in iraq if it wasn't for oil?

Old 02-19-2005, 12:11 AM
gilitar
Amateur

You are absolutely correct about China and India. They too have created more demand. The only real solution is other fuel sources.

Old 02-19-2005, 12:29 AM
Drew
Professional
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Anyway lets be honest does anyone really think we would be in iraq if it wasn't for oil?

then what were we doing in Afganistan???

Old 02-19-2005, 02:14 AM
gilitar
Amateur

ORIGINAL: Drew

Anyway lets be honest does anyone really think we would be in iraq if it wasn't for oil?

then what were we doing in Afganistan???
for the opium of course [sm=rolleyes.gif] notice the sarcasm

Old 02-19-2005, 11:48 AM
gpzjack
Veteran

Yes i heard were gonna have opium powered vehicles next.

Old 02-19-2005, 01:06 PM
Fiddle Player
Champion

I swear I get 1 mile to a gallon! I have to fill up at least twice a week! I only travel 20 miles a day to and from work! Gas in my area are 2.03![sm=bs.gif]

Quick Reply: Gas Prices