Dodge Ram The full size truck that leads the way in innovative and unique styling, the Dodge Ram. With best in class available horsepower, the Dodge Ram out runs any competitor.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Mall of Georgia

99 ram 1500 vac lines problem

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2005, 02:07 PM
jer28
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 99 ram 1500 vac lines problem

Hi all, I just noticed that I am missing a vacuum hose on my intake manifold. I replaced the plenum gasket and used the modified 1/4 al. plenum plate about 6 months ago. I did not notice any missing hoses then, although I keep cleaning out mice "nests under the hood of my truck. I just checked my manual on cd and it was of no help, so heres the question...
If you are looking at the engine, on the right side of the intake there are 2 nipples on the manifold. One is larger than the other. The large one runs to the brake master cyl. there is a pcv valve that connects to the air cleaner. Now I have a small nipple coming off the manifold going nowhere, it looks as if a hose was cut or chewed off. I cannot find any missing or dangling hoses. My manual only shows the pcv valve hose on this side. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

Old 03-11-2005, 02:17 AM
jer28
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: 99 ram 1500 vac lines problem

Okay, well I guess heinsight is 20/20... I found out that it is supposed to be a vacuum cap on that nipple-just like the diagram shows on the sticker under the hood!. I was confused because the manifold picture on the sticker (and in my repair manual) showed 3 nipples on that side of the engine. My manifold only had 2. Maybe a cali model truck uses the third nipple? Anyways on my 318 engine (and I assume fed emmissions) there is only one vacuum line on the right hand side of the manifold and that goes to the brake master cylinder. The remaining (s) nipples are supposed to be capped. Boy it sure seems to idle alot better!

Quick Reply: 99 ram 1500 vac lines problem