Dodge Ram The full size truck that leads the way in innovative and unique styling, the Dodge Ram. With best in class available horsepower, the Dodge Ram out runs any competitor.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Mall of Georgia

nerf bars how to install it

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2004, 04:02 PM
magnetos
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default nerf bars how to install it

hi , hi have a dodge ram quad cab 2002 and i just got a brand new set of Nerf bars but i am not sure what to do ??? any help please .

where do i connect those brackets....

Dulcis sin fundus, mea culpa mea santissima culpa.

Old 02-07-2004, 06:07 PM
mazz
Veteran
Default RE: nerf bars how to install it

First off, you did not mention the brand of nerf bar. That would perhaps be of some help to someone who may have that particular brand, to give you some feedback. Aside from that, normally the brackets bolt up at the cab bolts. You normally have to remove the cab bolts (one at a time please) and mount a bracket at each location. Most often, the nerf bar set comes with replacment cab bolts.

[b]IT IS VERY IMPORTANT TO TORQUE THESE ACCORDING TO SPECIFICATION TO PREVENT THE BOLTS FROM COMING LOOSE AND THE CAB SHIFTING ON THE CHASSIS.[/b]

Other than that, if you know the brand, you might try to find a Web site from the manufacturer. I know Westin Automotive has instructions available online for many of its products. (Westin also makes step or nerf bars.) Sorry I could not be of more help.

Old 02-08-2004, 02:05 AM
Arcane
Rookie
Default RE: nerf bars how to install it

It should be pretty simple. I know MOST brands provide instructions, but obviously you didn't get any.

There are just a couple bolts under there. Line your bar up where it's supposed to go then see which bolts it is close to. Those are the bolts you use to mount it. Assuming it is a frame mounted bar then you will bolt it to the frame.

Quick Reply: nerf bars how to install it