Dodge Ram The full size truck that leads the way in innovative and unique styling, the Dodge Ram. With best in class available horsepower, the Dodge Ram out runs any competitor.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Mall of Georgia

P0753...Transmission Issues

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2009, 08:24 PM
LowTech inc.
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation P0753...Transmission Issues

We have a 97 1500 4X4 that keeps throwing P0753 code. I, being a tech for 13 years, have already performed a voltage test at the transmission and replaced all of the solenoids in the valve body. Most of the codes went away accept for the P0753. I ran down the harness again for power and ground.

Yesterday I went out, plugged in the scanner and cleared the code once again. I then started it up and the MIL remained off. All was good until this morning when I went to move it around in my drive and noticed MIL wa on again and my favorite code was present. Ran through power and ground again, where all I have are schematics and no diag flow chart, and all appeared to be good. No chaffing on the harness where a short might be or anything.

So now I'm almost balled pulling my hair out because I ran out of fingernails and was wondering if anyone had a diag procedure they could email me. Or any suggestions short of firing up the toarches? Thanks

Old 04-17-2009, 10:17 PM
LowTech inc.
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking Problem Solved

When in doubt, Don't start tearing that bitch apart. Start with the basics, rinse and repeat. TCM relay was setting the code. Swapped relay out with horn relay, cleared codes and road test. Put over 50 hard city miles on it, including a numerous amount of run cycles and all is good. (just in case someone else is experiencing the same problem)

Quick Reply: P0753...Transmission Issues