Dodge Ram The full size truck that leads the way in innovative and unique styling, the Dodge Ram. With best in class available horsepower, the Dodge Ram out runs any competitor.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Mall of Georgia

can someone please help me

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2004, 06:12 AM
dodgeram56
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default can someone please help me

OK I know this has already been asked because i was wrting this on the last post but noone will answer my qestion and i dont want to make a $200 mistake because i dont have that kind of money so ill write this once more hoping someone will answer

Does anyone have a picture of what the keyless entry box looks like or have good descriptions of what it looks like or anyother way of finding out if i just need a new set of remotes or if i need a receiver also
I dont want to go out and buy that $200 system on dodgeparts.com if i dont have to
plz help

Old 02-08-2004, 02:28 PM
mazz
Veteran
Default RE: can someone please help me

One thing that would help getting a response is to provide complete information. We can assume you are referring to a Dodge Ram, but for example, what year is it? Is it an SLT, ST, or other trim level? Just might make a difference on someone being able to respond.

Late model ('02-'04) Rams that did not come with factory keyless entry, can have keyless entry added and the kit is around $80.

Old 02-08-2004, 04:06 PM
dodgeram56
Rookie

ok it is a slt laramie package and has all the auto stuff windows locks...etc it is a 98 model

Old 02-09-2004, 01:25 AM
Redhairedcwgirl
Professional
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ok, I don't have anything readily identifiable on my Keyless Entry unit, but I will call my connection at the dealer tomorrow and see if I can obtain the part number for that '98 of yours. There should be one, because I have a '99 and lots of stuff is interchangeable. Isn't there anybody at the dealer that can just look at it for you without charging an arm and a leg? Just wondering.When i find out that info,I'll post with an apprximate location and the number, which should be on a label on the box, unless it's worn off, etc.

Old 02-09-2004, 04:24 AM
dodgeram56
Rookie

thank you very much for the help im not sure if the dealer would charge but i dont want to bother them right now because i just bought my truck and they are already going to do quite a bit of work installing bedliner and painting.. etc i didnt really feel liek bothering them and getting them mad at me or somethign this is my first vehicle also so i dont knwo much about dealers and what they will all do so i came here to find out what i could and if i absolutly had to go to the dealer i would
also i read through a few posts and u guys seemed pretty knowledgeable so...

Old 02-10-2004, 12:55 AM
Redhairedcwgirl
Professional

ok, called my pal, she was out today, but I looked under my hood again in hopes of helping you. I have a small black box that is skinny and located on the driver's side in between the battery and the master cylinder. Most of the number on the side of it is worn off, but I believe that is it. However, I am going to call her back again tomorrow. If you still have no luck, DO go to the dealer and since you are a customer, they should be happy to look at the truck, or pull the VIN number to find out for you.This shouldn't cost you a dime. In fact, they should WANT to please you and help you. If they treat you right, you'll tell other people. If they don't treat you right, you'll sure as heck tell everybody! So... what I am so longwindedly saying is if we can't help you, it won't hurt to ask. Good luck, and I will get back with ya ASAP

Old 02-10-2004, 01:18 AM
dodgeram56
Rookie

well thanks again but then theres the prob of the dealer i bought it from is about 45min away and takes alot of gas (only bad thing about my truck that im still getting used to) although if i am unable to get help oh well i guess its worth it

i do have a little box between the master cylinder and the battery but there is a larger fuse box before the batttery i found 2 numbers on the box each had their own bar code and the top number was P52009707AE and the second number below it was TXXBK3247A0529 i hope this is it

Old 02-10-2004, 10:17 PM
Redhairedcwgirl
Professional

OK, I talked to my friend today and she said the easiest and simplest thing to do would be to call your local dealer's parts department (the one you mentioned or one that's closer to you, it doesn't matter) and have your VIN number handy when you call. They can put the number in their system, pull your truck up and see if your truck came with this option or not. If it did, just order key fobs (look on ebay, just a suggestion) and if not, then you can order the receiver.

Old 02-11-2004, 11:22 PM
dodgeram56
Rookie

ok well i have bad news i guess i dont have to keyless entry so ill have to buy a kit or w/e
does anyone know where i can get this kit

https://www.dodgeparts.com/catalog/p...oducts_id/1137

cheaper by any chance i would really like to save as much money as i can

if anyone has one for sale let me know

Old 02-12-2004, 12:50 AM
Redhairedcwgirl
Professional

I'm sorry to hear that. I looked on eBay and other links to Dodge Parts, and I think the price by Dodgeparts.com is probably going to be your best bet. You can keep a lookout on eBay, but right now, there's nothing on there. Good Luck.