Dodge Ram The full size truck that leads the way in innovative and unique styling, the Dodge Ram. With best in class available horsepower, the Dodge Ram out runs any competitor.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Mall of Georgia

poor gas milage

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2005, 08:59 PM
bamory
Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: poor gas milage

talked to my mechanic and a die hard dodge mechanic and they were saying the O2 sensors can make a little bit of difference in gas mileage but so minimal that you can't even calculate it at the pumps.....best look elsewhere....changed my O2's out and im still getting 8-10 mpg on a 5.9 4x4 sport and the truck runs great, im looking at modifying my existing air intake (keep it stock tho) and possibly a muffler with stock sized outlets, and the TB upgrade (fastman) For the air intake, i just so happened to look at one in stock at my truck store----the diameter of the part that fits on my TB is actually smaller than the one that is stock so I am thinking high flow K&N and some modified tubing into my fenderwell and I will have just as good as airflow system as those 200.00 ones, without the chances of pulling any hot air from inside my engine compartment 9 which hey even with a heatshield you do...

[IMG]local://upfiles/12603/AB790B5110BC43EAA61843D1A86FB0D9.jpg[/IMG]

Old 03-21-2005, 09:20 PM
jrconnn
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: poor gas milage

priced those o2's there about 80 bucks apiece . I think I'll hold off and look some of the options you mentioned

Quick Reply: poor gas milage