Dodge Ram The full size truck that leads the way in innovative and unique styling, the Dodge Ram. With best in class available horsepower, the Dodge Ram out runs any competitor.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Mall of Georgia

04 HEMI Ram top speed

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2004, 12:21 AM
ANIMAL
Amateur
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: 04 HEMI Ram top speed

Dont know how fast it is yet as I just got it a couple days ago and I didnt realy buy a truck to go fast.If I find that I feel the need for speed then I get the Hayabusa out its restricted to 187 and gets there real quick, if ya need a power rush try one of these things out its a prety wild ride.

Old 03-07-2004, 02:09 AM
dodgemech
All Star
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Guys, guys, guys, just stop. There is no way for anyone ever to eliminate or raise the speed limiter. It is burned into the controller and no "tuner" can get into it. All trucks/dakotas except the AN R/T limit at around 100 give or take 10MPH. The R/T does 120 I think.No way around it, I'm sorry. Stop wasting time trying to figure it out. I dont know who thought of pulling the ABS fuse to go aroung the PCM? Wont work, PCM still will get a speed signal from trans output and do its own math.

Old 03-08-2004, 12:24 AM
BigDave
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ORIGINAL: uhoh

2003 4x4 1500 SLT quad cab with off road package. I hit 109 and then the speed limiter kicks in. Dag nab it.

Be careful, your off-road package tires may not be speed rated!!! The Goodyear Wrangler HP's that are mounted on the 20" wheels are rated to 120mph, but the Goodyear Wrangler AT/S on this year's off-road package do not have any speed rating at all. If you have the Goodyear Wrangler MT/S with your off-road package, they are rated "P" which is 93 mph. "P" is the lowest rating other than "N" which is used to designated temporary spare tires at 87mph. If you have the AT/S tires, be very careful that they do not overheat at prolonged high speed.

Quick Reply: 04 HEMI Ram top speed