Dodge Ram The full size truck that leads the way in innovative and unique styling, the Dodge Ram. With best in class available horsepower, the Dodge Ram out runs any competitor.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Mall of Georgia

Trans Cooler question

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2005, 10:24 PM
UrbanRedneck
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Trans Cooler question

I have a 2000 Ram Sport 4x4 with a 360/46RE that I am in the prossess of putting 6 inches of lift, 37 inch tires, front/rear posis, 4.56 gears, and some other stuff on. The truck will be used mostly as my daily driver (but I have quite a heavy foot) and for moderate offroading (mostly mud) on the weekends. From what I've heard, it seems that it's good to use a large aftermarket trans cooler when turning those big *** tires,e specially with a Dodge transmission, so I got a B&M Supercooler for 28,000 pound GVW. I was going to simply dissconnect the factory cooler that is built into the radiator, and connect my new one instead. But when I went to install it I discovered that I have 2 factory coolers (totally forgot that tow-package includes another cooler) - the one int he radiator and another huge one in front of the raiator that I never noticed as it is hidden behind the A/C Condensor.

Now my quesition is, should I still use my Supercooler, or is it kinda pointless with the tow package cooler? I'm thinking maybe I should dissconect the one in the radiator and use the B&M Cooler and the tow package cooler but not the one in the radiator, would this be better?

Quick Reply: Trans Cooler question