Dodge Ram The full size truck that leads the way in innovative and unique styling, the Dodge Ram. With best in class available horsepower, the Dodge Ram out runs any competitor.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Mall of Georgia

clutch problem in 01 1500

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2004, 07:59 AM
gregy52
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default clutch problem in 01 1500

I've got this problem with my clutch. It occurs when I am at an intersection with my shifter in gear and my foot pressing down on the clutch. Without my foot moving at all, my truck starts moving forward and my shifter gets stuck in 1st. The only way I can get it unstuck is to shut off my engine and move the shifter back into neuteral. Does anybody know what this problem is and how to fix it?

Old 02-12-2004, 01:43 PM
5SPDSLT
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: clutch problem in 01 1500

This is a classic sign of a cluch master cylinder bypassing. I have had the same problem with a few other vehicles. If there is fluid on the ground under the transmission then is more than likely the slave cylinder. But I am thinking that since it is probably an intermittant problem that the master is the problem.

It is fairly easy to replace. It is very similar to replacing a brake master. You must bleed the system just like a brake master. You will need a helper to press the pedel down as you break open the bleeder screw on the slave (mounted on the side of the trans pushing on the clutch fork.

Good luck.

Eric

Quick Reply: clutch problem in 01 1500