Dodge Ram The full size truck that leads the way in innovative and unique styling, the Dodge Ram. With best in class available horsepower, the Dodge Ram out runs any competitor.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Mall of Georgia

How many of you change your own oil?

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2006, 07:08 AM
RAPOM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: How many of you change your own oil?

Before my oldest daughter and son were allowed to drive they both had to do an oil change and spare tire change on the truck or car they were using, mine or their Moms. That was finding what oil it needed, going with me to buy it, then the change and filter. They saw the difference in cost and to this day do their own changes. My daughter and her friends in her friends car had a flat in the winter in Montana, she was the only one that knew how to change it, and did. My youngest son has been doing maint on my rigs since he was 10. When we change the oil in the Cummins believe me he learns a lot more than just periodic maintenance, father son time working on the Dodge, Life is good!

Old 07-14-2006, 02:54 PM
txtech1997

I don't change my own. I'm an AMSOIL dealer so I have to find someone do it each time, which isn't so bad. I go to a new Wal-Mart in Plano, Texas and they charge me $8.77, including tax, to put in. Since I'm using a more expensive oil and filter, I watch and make sure it all goes in. Generally, Wal-Marts are the cheapest. Give them a try.

Charles

Old 11-29-2006, 12:00 AM
silverrt

i always change my own, i used to work for a dodge dealer and i have seen enough not let anyone but me change my oil. also the fact i know how much i put in and if the drain plug and oil filter is actually tight.i use royal purple and mobil 1 oil filter and feel it helped my engine run smoother and gained about 2 mpg.

2001 dodge dakota r/t
k&n intake, magnaflow exhaust soon to be dumped flowmaster

Old 11-30-2006, 04:32 PM
itzztrick

I'd rather just pay.

Old 12-03-2006, 10:13 PM
01DodgeRam 1500

Change own oil and deffenitly go with full synthetic oil.

Quick Reply: How many of you change your own oil?