Dodge Ram The full size truck that leads the way in innovative and unique styling, the Dodge Ram. With best in class available horsepower, the Dodge Ram out runs any competitor.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Mall of Georgia

Chrome 20's

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2005, 05:48 PM
91StealthES
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Chrome 20's

Mine have been replaced TWICE in less than 2 years under warranty! Definately go back to the dealer and demand they be replace.

They gave me a run around both times replacing the rims. I will say you need to go to where you bought the truck...you will have better luck.

The first time they replace my rims I mentioned that if it happened again I would be back...the service man said they wouldn't replace them a second time due to such high value...and I just said "Hey, bumper to bumper, yes you will".

They gave me more of a run around the second time...I had to have the rims photographed and mailed away to Chysler, this was the new way of doing it. They received approval back from Chrysler stated to replace my rims again. I was then given the run around by the warranty manager at the dealership stated she needed a Regional Rep. approval. I asked her why, being Chrysler, who is above your regional rep, said to replace them. She had no answer really. The service manager had already ordered them being Chrysler gave approval.

So with that being said...go back to your dealer you purchased the truck from and try to be nice...it is hard, I cannot say I was nice the whole time. But Good Luck!

With that being said. I actually just found this board and was going to post a question about 17 inch wheels from a 2001 fitting my 2003. But I figured I would lurk around and see if I could find anything about it before I posted a duplicate question. I am looking for rims for winter, because... 2 winters = 2 set of chrome 20s gone = Get the picture

Thanks guys/gals and good luck with those rims!!!

edit - by the way...the photographing thing was canned. I found that out because my tailgate was photographed due to rusting in the seam and never heard anything back...they told me the photographing project was canned. So I don't know how they do it now. They did fix the tailgate though, but said it went under 36k bumper to bumper and not errossion...but whatever!

Old 06-07-2005, 12:40 PM
cwoods
Rookie

Thanks for the info.

Heres an update: It's been about a month now and I am waiting to meet with the local rep from DC. I was told by the service manager that he comes in every 2 to 3 months, so I am going to be nice and wait. At first I demanded he make an appointment ASAP but he explained to me it would increase my chances of an approval if I waiting until he arrives on his normal visits. I think this is a bunch of bull, but I will be nice and wait 3 months, then I will pressure them again. I only have 13K on it now......36 is a way to go, so no reason to rush...3 months will fly by. And after all is said and done I plan on pursing an interview with the local news and share my story on how "good" DC has been to me......see how the Dealership likes some bad publicity!

Old 06-09-2005, 01:28 AM
91StealthES
Rookie

Glad to give info at any time. Good luck with getting them replaced. Just keep getting on them!

Quick Reply: Chrome 20's