Dodge Ram The full size truck that leads the way in innovative and unique styling, the Dodge Ram. With best in class available horsepower, the Dodge Ram out runs any competitor.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Mall of Georgia

need give 360 more power

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2005, 01:06 PM
superhemi
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default need give 360 more power

I just got my Dodge Ram 1500 w/360 and I want to add some more horsepower. I can't spend to much money right now. Is there any way I get a few more horses?

Old 05-02-2005, 02:19 PM
moparturd
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: need give 360 more power

What year is the truck? You can always go with the standard CAI, and exhaust mods. Headers and exhaust will help, but don't go too big on the pipe size if you go with duals.

You may want to look in the Ram sections of the forum for more specific info.

Welcome to DF. We'll get that 360 running the way you want.

Old 05-02-2005, 03:14 PM
Redneck2345
Veteran

it all depends on what your willing to spend

magnums can be greatly woken up with a cam and heads, from what ive read, when you replace those, the engine will run lean, and you need to replace the injectors with a higher flowing ones

This page should give you all the engine mods you want

www.mopartsracing.com

If your looking for cheaper though, try a cold air intake, headers, and a nice set of pipes (I think 2 1/2 inch should be plenty of pipe)

Old 05-03-2005, 02:16 AM
4DrMopar
Captain

Keep the info coming, as I am looking to do the same with mine... I keep getting told the shilghtly higher rise intake make sa WORLD of differnce, am consideringit,but, $350 is hefty chuck of change, plus the labor for someone to do it....

Old 05-03-2005, 12:37 PM
superhemi

It's a 1998 ext. cab. I've read it only has 245 horses and 330 lb.-tq. the torque is ok but the horse power is just not enough. I think I can replace the Mass Airflow Sensor. Oh I don't know what the CAI is. I'm going to replace the intake with K&N cold air intake, or the ram air hood and ram air kit. I wanted to place 40 series flowmaster exhaust w/dual tips. I just need a place to get good discounts. I don't need a mechanic I can do it myself.[sm=angrymail.gif]

Old 05-03-2005, 02:47 PM
hipkinsd
Captain

I have the same truck in a 97 model. The K&N will run you around $300 +/- depending on where you go for it. Should be an easy installation. Unless you're going for a look, I'd dispense with the ram air hood and go with CAI. 40 series Flowmaster's pretty sweet. Why not go true dual exhaust? Also, might consider a cat back.

I haven't looked too much at changing intakes, injectors and such. That gets into more money than I'm ready to spend on mine as well. Most of the other stuff I can do myself.

Let us know what you end up doing and what kind of results you get. Good luck!

Old 05-04-2005, 06:21 AM
Redneck2345
Veteran

if i ever get really ambitous, I'll type up petersons 4 wheel off road's buildup of a 94 magnum 360, but its really long and im not up to it, i hope they link it soon

Old 06-14-2005, 12:19 AM
wpbmed

An easy and cheap mod is to change to a lower temp thermostat. 180 will make the engine run a little richer and add a few more HP. What year is it? If it has EGR, block it off. that will stop exhaust from going back into intake and help a great deal. All those advertisements in the magazines about all this "extra HP" you can get from a simple filter change, or intake change are GREATLY exaggerated! In combination, all those things together help the engine breath much better, but by themselves, they do not perform at all like advertised. I know because my old man has a shop which builds race engines and tranny's and I dyno every frigging thing I can get my hands on. probably the really only one thing that makes a noticable difference is a 52 mm throttle body, fastman.com has them the cheapest. Put that on top of an M1 intake, and you really are really bumping it up. Instead of spending $300 bucks on a BS K+N intake, go to pepboys and buy one of their re-useable 14 round air cleaners. it comes with a red cotton gauze filter just like K+N, and you clean and oil it just like K+N, and it's only $25. Then, instead of putting on the metal top, go ahead and buy K+N's cover, which is another filter. You will flow way more air then the engine will ever use, and it will cost you $225 less. If you really want to wake that engine up, you need a combo of things. I went with ceramic coated headers, true dual exhaust with no cats, mopar perf. cam with 1.7 roller rockers, mopar perf. computer, mopar R/T heads which I spent a great deal of time porting and polishing, 52 mm throttle body, MSD ignition with blaster coil, volant ram air intake, and then changed the gears to 4.56 - that will throw you back in your seat on take off. next is a supercharger! anyway, email me if you have any specific questions

Quick Reply: need give 360 more power