Dodge Ram The full size truck that leads the way in innovative and unique styling, the Dodge Ram. With best in class available horsepower, the Dodge Ram out runs any competitor.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Mall of Georgia

AMSOIL SYTHETIC

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2004 | 08:47 PM
yawnshemi420
|
Captain
Default AMSOIL SYTHETIC

yo,

just switched out the oil in my truck last night... thought I'd go with synthetic and why not AMSOIL. I noticed a difference about 5 minutes into driving it.... so clean. It was such a snap for all of you out there concerned about the oil filter... its in the EASIEST spot I've ever seen.

I'm very pleased with the outcome... however I made a HUGE mess... I did the "oh Sh*T!! HONEY GRAB ME AN EXTRA BUCKET AND SOME TOWELS" I just got back from driving it and everything seems to be smoother... ignition, shifting... the works... HOWEVER I just removed about 700 lbs of sand bags out of the bed of my truck.

Old 02-25-2004 | 03:49 AM
Arcane
Rookie
Default RE: AMSOIL SYTHETIC

How exactly would changing your oil affect your "ignition" and "shifting"?

Old 02-25-2004 | 09:18 AM
mississippi
Professional

Amsoil is a very good synth. oil and in my own opinion I would say it is the best! I run it in my busa and you can definately tell a difference in the performance and shifting as compared to the "conventional" oil that was in it when I got it.

Old 02-25-2004 | 03:22 PM
yawnshemi420
|
Captain

I don't know how it helps... It feels like it helps... it seems much smoother. I mean it could be completely phscyological but I don't think so... even my girl said it seemed to hit the gears smoother.

The Truck doesn't shake on ignition like it would with reg oil.

I mean I could be way off, I was just stating my opinion on what I felt.

AND LIKE I SAID I just removed 700 lbs of SAND out of the bed of my truck so I don't know if that + the Synth is what I'm noticing.

Old 02-25-2004 | 05:35 PM
sgbofav
Professional

Everyone thinks i'm nuts when I tell them their car or trucks will run nicer, quieter and cooler after switching to Amsoil.

I have over 40 customers and all of them tell me the same thing: Vehicle is quieter, mileage went up, and the engine runs cooler.

The biggest improvement is in the 5,2 / 5.9 engines. Run a bottle of Amsoil engine flush, drain the old oil/flush, and change the oil to Amsoil and your truck will start purring like a kitten.

I'm glad your happy!

For those that are curious about the cost and what they need to run Amsoil, hit up Kale AKA syntheticsman and he'll give you all the information that you might need.

Bill,

Old 02-25-2004 | 06:01 PM
ViperGTS
Banned

ORIGINAL: Arcane

How exactly would changing your oil affect your "ignition" and "shifting"?

Thats exactly what i was wondering... Im glad you like the outcome though![sm=smiley1.gif]

-Matt-

Quick Reply: AMSOIL SYTHETIC