Dodge Ram The full size truck that leads the way in innovative and unique styling, the Dodge Ram. With best in class available horsepower, the Dodge Ram out runs any competitor.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Mall of Georgia

WHAT NEEDS TO BE DONE FOR SPORT TRUCK

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2004, 06:25 PM
yawnshemi420
Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default WHAT NEEDS TO BE DONE FOR SPORT TRUCK

Hey,

What do I need to do to turn my hemi into more of sport truck? I have 2x4. anything with gears or something? I don't know much about that stuff

Old 02-25-2004, 06:34 PM
Dodgegirl19
Lady Administrator
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: WHAT NEEDS TO BE DONE FOR SPORT TRUCK

Well... what do you want it to be... fast? You bought Hemi, they come fast right from the factory. LOL! I would NOT mess with the gear... that's set up perfectly for the Hemi. There's no reason for you to mess witht he gear right now.

~Amanda

Old 02-25-2004, 06:36 PM
Dodgegirl19
Lady Administrator
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I'd say first make it breathe better, but it's a Hemi... they come "Modded" from the factory... I mean, you can find a different exhaust... but all I've been hearing is that they stock setup is so perfect, why mess with it. In all honesty, what exactly do you want from your Hemi?

~Amanda

Old 02-25-2004, 09:26 PM
vHiEpMeIr
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We got dual exhaust to the headers on mine, it made it a bit faster than a regular HEMI. I raced one just like mine but with stock exhaust and I won. Our HEMI beats Silverado SS's and can hang close with Harley-Davidson F-150's, but the HD F-150 just has way too much more torque. If you want it to be really fast you can get the Kenne Bell Supercharger for it when they do their deal with Chrysler, the guys at the shop said it fits on there like a dream. That would put you up to 517HP/565TQ. You could also get the Ram SRT-10 hood for $600 that has a functional scoop, then take the air box from your HEMI engine, turn it sideways, and have it mounted by the scoop.

Quick Reply: WHAT NEEDS TO BE DONE FOR SPORT TRUCK