Dodge Ram The full size truck that leads the way in innovative and unique styling, the Dodge Ram. With best in class available horsepower, the Dodge Ram out runs any competitor.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Mall of Georgia

You guys and gals are making me broke....

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2004, 03:42 AM
5SPDSLT
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default You guys and gals are making me broke....

OK.....so I have been on here for about a month and lets see the damage I have inflicted on my credit card. I had the custom "love my truck" attitude before but now I am hooked.

First, I found the "SPORT" dual headlights online and I just had to have them. I spent the better part of a day wiring them up. I have over 80' of new wire, a new dedicated lighting fuse block, four relays, and a great wiring diagram I have sketched. I will be actually installing the lights this weekend. (approx. so far $250)

Next, I finally got the Hellwig bar kit in (had the 1 1/8" bar but not the hardware). After trying to install it as the directions said, I finally burned them and figured it out myself. I will say that a rear sway bar is just what I needed to tighten up the rear end. (total cost $90; bar and hardware).

Now I have done it. I bought a set of Gibson headers yesterday on Ebay. I had read enough info for the past few weeks that the Gibson headers were the only choice. They 'claim' to help the low and mid range power as opposed to upper end power as most 'claim'. We will see. They should be here this Thursday. (total $365 headers and freight)

And of course the cool air intake system. I am still going to design my own ram air system that takes the air from the passanger side of the radiator but for now the simple cheap Ebay item can't be any worse than the stock 'air coffin' and it looks cool. (total $60 AIC and freight)

So.....listening (eeeaaaa....reading...) all of you guys and gals with your hopped up Rams has just made MasterCard very happy. I hope you are all happy with your selves.

Eric

Old 03-03-2004, 04:59 AM
kaostik
Veteran
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: You guys and gals are making me broke....

well, you'll have a smile on your face for every day of the month except for when the bill comes in, it seems like an excellent trade, around 30 happy days for one "uhoh" day per month.

Old 03-03-2004, 05:49 AM
dodgeram56
Rookie

um where did u get your sport headlights and can i see the wiring diagram i am interesting in doing the sport conversion but cannot find the lights anywhere and know nothing about the wiring

Old 03-03-2004, 11:36 AM
Vader
Champion

I'll have to agree with this post, since joining I have added at least 2000.00 in upgrades. My next purchase will hopefully be the fastman TB. Then I will go for the big bucks and get a lift kit.

Old 03-03-2004, 12:30 PM
gravymonkey
Veteran

5SPDSLT,

Now that you have spent all this money, it's time to show it off with some pictures of your truck!

-Erik

Old 03-03-2004, 01:22 PM
Dodgegirl19
Lady Administrator
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

NICE!! You haven't wasted a dime... your MasterCard is happy... but you wait... you'll be PSYCHED with the Headers and CAI. Go fast parts are addicting... I know first hand. LOL! please post some pictures and if you are so willing.. take pictures and document the mod you do so you can write up a tech article to be published here...

~Amanda

Old 03-03-2004, 02:14 PM
5SPDSLT
Rookie

Well it looks like we will actually see sun here in "Sunny California" this weekend so pictures will be taken.

I will clean up the wiring diagram for those interested. I will say that I went very overkill on the wiring for the headlights. I didn't find a relay for the existing headlights so I put the new system on four different relays (left low, left high, right low, right high). I found the lights on ebay. When I get home I will get you the store. They have a web site and you can order it forn that web site. The units are aftermarket and the store sent them with the bulbs as well.

So.....pictures should come soon. And I will give you guys and gals a tech note on each upgrade.

Your broke, mac-and-cheese eating, soon to be very fast member,
Eric

Old 03-07-2004, 10:33 PM
Redhairedcwgirl
Professional

Eric, all I can say is, bring on those pics! By the way, you can dress up mac and cheese several different ways!

Old 03-07-2004, 10:46 PM
Dodgegirl19
Lady Administrator
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

ORIGINAL: Redhairedcwgirl
By the way, you can dress up mac and cheese several different ways!
That's right! Cut Up Hot Dogs, Bacos, Ritz Crackers and more I'm sure. I prefer Bacos... LOL!

~Amanda

Old 03-07-2004, 11:17 PM
Redhairedcwgirl
Professional

Down here in 'Bama, we like bologna, or (dare I say it?) ok, I will... Spam in our mac and cheese. Hope Eric has some ideas now!

Quick Reply: You guys and gals are making me broke....