Dodge Ram The full size truck that leads the way in innovative and unique styling, the Dodge Ram. With best in class available horsepower, the Dodge Ram out runs any competitor.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Mall of Georgia

Air Raid Cai

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2004, 10:16 PM
gpzjack
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Air Raid Cai

Installed my airraid filter and box setup today. Huge difference. The throttle response is way better. Works very well with the flowmaster cat back setup i installed last week. My only question is that I have a 04 4.7 and i have two lines running to my original airbox. What do i do with second line? Anyone know.

Thanks

Old 03-04-2004, 10:33 PM
yawnshemi420
Captain
Default RE: Air Raid Cai

yes its prolly the breather hose comeing from the oil area right? its the breather hose... I had the same problem with my Volant because I purchased the 03 air box thinking it would fit....

Anyway you need that breather hose going into air box without it you will cause an air leak, drill a one inch hole into the air duct *after the filter and go buy some high grade silicone (G&E Silicone II & Lowes, Home Depot)

Let me know if that is the problem.

Old 03-04-2004, 10:43 PM
gpzjack
Veteran

Thanks. I wasn't sure. I thought that may be it.

Old 03-04-2004, 10:46 PM
yawnshemi420
Captain

Yea take a look tonight, its really easy to fix. Also call Airraid and let them know that they need to change the design of the duct before more Dodge Owners get p'ved.

Glad to hear it works

is the Airraide Metal or plastic?

Old 03-05-2004, 01:19 AM
gpzjack
Veteran

I bought it used on ebay for $150. Its almost new. I got the one that is just the enclosure (made of metal)and the filter. I think it works really well but if i were to have paid full price i think i would have just bought the volant system. To buy the complete airraid system with the tube from the tb to the filter it would cost over $300. They want like $100 just for the tube on a website i was on. I do have to say it did make a huge diff in the throttle response. My truck is flyin now.

Old 03-05-2004, 06:47 PM
yawnshemi420
Captain

Good to Hear!!! I'm finally noticing a difference. I added the intake and exhaust like 2 days apart and didn't drive much during those two days so I couldn't tell what was what.

I noticed a HUGE difference when switching to synthetis (amsoi). Each day it seems like my truck runs so much smoother.

Let us know if you save any on gas I drive like a bat out of hell so I never save gas no matter what I add.

Old 03-06-2004, 12:37 PM
gpzjack
Veteran

I emailed airraid and they told me i could just put a breather on it. They also said that they have done an update for 04 models.

Old 03-21-2004, 12:11 PM
Deleted User
Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]

Quick Reply: Air Raid Cai