Dodge Ram The full size truck that leads the way in innovative and unique styling, the Dodge Ram. With best in class available horsepower, the Dodge Ram out runs any competitor.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Mall of Georgia
View Poll Results: A poll
Look great, got to have them!
43.24%
Look OK, not on my truck!
32.43%
Looks good on my Grandpa's truck!
2.70%
What are you thinking? They are stupid.
2.70%
Just don't look 'right'..
18.92%
Voters: 37. You may not vote on this poll

Mud Guards

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2004, 06:58 AM
jfreeman74
Amateur
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Mud Guards

What ever happened to the photos?

Old 03-27-2004, 02:55 PM
mikegonzo
Veteran

You know what....I checked out the mud guards and none satisfied me at the dealership.

The ones that they had one when I picked up my RAM have the Dealer name on the bottom brushed aluminum.

I actually think these mudguards look the best on my truck and my next step is to take the mudguards to a blasting
shop and have them airbrush the Dealer name off the aluminum. I will take pics to show you guys later.

Old 03-27-2004, 03:27 PM
meurich

I wash my truck about every week and every week the worst area is behind the tires. Additionally in Michigan the summer road work causes all kinds of tar, stones and ect to get kicked up. I've also found much less rust behind the wheels on old trucks when mud flaps are on a truck. So, yea I'd like to have mud flaps but I'm not sold on the look. If I did I'd go with the Molded mopar parts.

Can anyone post a picture of a truck with these on them?

Old 03-27-2004, 05:45 PM
BammBamm

My $0.02 sez, mud guards would last me about 2 seconds, or right up until the time I hit the first sippy hole.

I can see these puppies bustin' off when the stinky stuff hits the fan. Yeah, I might catch a little extra grit and grime, but according to the pretty stickers on the sides of my truck that read "OFF-ROAD", I reckon that's what she's for.

Dirty White Boy Bamm [8D]

Old 03-27-2004, 06:46 PM
mikegonzo
Veteran

BammBamm ....My "Pebbles" won't allow me to off-road! DARN! Still we have no roads to off over here

Old 03-28-2004, 05:50 PM
BammBamm
Default Bedlam in Bedrock

I hear ya, Mike! My “Pebbles†almost lost her marbles the other day when I told her I used diluted glass cleaner on my dash.

“YOU DON’T USE GLASS CLEANER ON YOUR DASH!! NOW THE SON-OF-A-BITCH IS GONNA START CRACKIN’ AND DON’T COME CRYING TO ME WHEN IT DOES AND I WANT THESE CEILINGS PAINTED AND NEW CARPET BECAUSE I’M SICK AND TIRED OF THE SMELL THE VACUUM CLEANER PUTS OUT EVERY TIME I VACUUM AND…â€

The carnage lasted for the better part of an hour. I escaped relatively unscathed by swearing on a stack of Dianetics – by L. Ron Hubbard that I would use the stuff the people at the car wash said for her to use on her Camaro.

Then, I made the mistake of suggesting that it may be a good idea for me to consider the purchase of a suitable dash cover...

“…AND YOU NEED TO CHANGE OUT THE CEILING FAN IN HERE I WANT NEW GLOBES AND NEW BLADES THEY COME IN A KIT AND IT’S NOT HARD TO DO EVEN YOU COULD DO IT AND I DON’T THINK THAT’S ASKIN’ TOO MUCH NOW IS IT AND WHAT ARE WE GONNA HAVE FOR SUPPER WHADJU EAT TODAY I HAVEN’T EATEN ANYTHING AT ALL TODAY DAMMIT AND I'M HUNGRY AND...â€

So, you see, Mike. You really should count your blessings…

Old 03-29-2004, 07:12 AM
Connect
Default RE: Bedlam in Bedrock

if its a stock 4x4, yes, but if its 2 wheel drive or has a lift, no.

Old 03-29-2004, 02:22 PM
rootersbar

I have the factory ones from dodge on my 99 ram, I love the way they look. Wouldnt put non factory on though, they wouldnt fit the shape as nice

good luck

Old 03-29-2004, 05:43 PM
HEMIDAZE

I have a 500 foot gravel driveway. One trip down the driveway and when you get some speed up on the paved road the gravel stuck in your tread starts making all those dinging noises as it flies out. It will send you right to the auto parts store for flaps.

Old 03-29-2004, 05:54 PM
dustyloins
R.I.P. Dusty (Retired Moderator
Hall of Fame Member

A lot of the dinging you heard were the pebbles hitting the fender well. Having been through the same thing in my last truck, I was thankful they put the flaps on at the factory.[sm=smiley4.gif]

Quick Reply: Mud Guards