Dodge Ram The full size truck that leads the way in innovative and unique styling, the Dodge Ram. With best in class available horsepower, the Dodge Ram out runs any competitor.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Mall of Georgia
View Poll Results: A poll
Look great, got to have them!
43.24%
Look OK, not on my truck!
32.43%
Looks good on my Grandpa's truck!
2.70%
What are you thinking? They are stupid.
2.70%
Just don't look 'right'..
18.92%
Voters: 37. You may not vote on this poll

Mud Guards

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2004, 06:01 PM
Aftrshck
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Mud Guards

I have the factory molded ones on my truck and I love em...I live in the city, but frequent the country and during the winter up here they salt and sand the roads WAYYYYY TOOOOO MUCCCCHHHH and this at least keeps the truck looking a LIL better....but I would not put aftermarkets on it....cuz I think they are just....U G L Y !!!

Old 03-29-2004, 06:08 PM
HEMIDAZE

I know it's the inner fender well, but it's a mental thing. I just can't stand the thought.

Old 03-29-2004, 09:42 PM
dustyloins
R.I.P. Dusty (Retired Moderator
Hall of Fame Member

I know where you're coming from. Even with the mud flaps, I'd still get out and check for chips in the paint!!![sm=smiley36.gif]

Old 04-04-2004, 09:53 PM
TimInTheGorge
Rookie

When I bought my truck, the dealership had a package available. Mudlflaps, spray-in liner and bug deflectors for $500. I haven't been sorry! And even though I recently put larger tires on her (33" 285/70/17s) they still keep the dirt and grime off my paint. A must have, and the Mopar flaps are nice, with a rigid upper and a flexible lower part.

In fact..... the only scratch I have on my truck is a few inches behind my bug-deflector over the driver-side headlight. Got that from a fellow Dodge Truck owner while he was givin' me a rock shampoo, as he passed me on a corner going over a mountain pass this winter in near white-out conditions. Why? No. 1, he was young and stupid, and 2, He didn't have MUDFLAPS, so he was sprayin' rocks in every direction, including on his own truck!!

Do yourself (and the rest of us) a favor..... Get the Flaps!! You'll be happy you did, and go MOPAR IMHO...... My buddy has a Silver '03 Dak and he has the same flaps I do. He painted the (inset) ram's head a sliver metallic, and it Looks very Cool. Next time I get on his side of the mountains, I'm going to have him do the same for me..... Best of Luck.... T

Quick Reply: Mud Guards