Dodge Ram The full size truck that leads the way in innovative and unique styling, the Dodge Ram. With best in class available horsepower, the Dodge Ram out runs any competitor.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Mall of Georgia

how to do a stand still

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2004, 05:16 PM
Torquedcummins
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: how to do a stand still

Those owners of manual trannies out there doing a stand still, power brake, power lock whatever you want to call it is a little bit more difficult but can be done. I use my left heel on the clutch and the front of my left foot on the brake give a fair amount and throttle and just dump the clutch without taking your foot off the brake

Old 03-15-2004, 06:05 PM
04GTX
Rookie

i had a 5 speed chevy 350 truck and i would just dump the clutch and as soon as the clutch gets popped out and the tires are spinning push and hold the brake, it's actually pretty easy in the manual mode!! and a little funner!!

Old 03-15-2004, 06:14 PM
Klute
Professional

Are you kidding me?

I did this for the first time in a long time this past weekend. It had been so long since I have had a RWD vehicle with enough power to 'hole shot'. My 7 year old was quite impressed, he had to get out and see the burn marks! I then did it again while he was outside watching, 'Way cool dad!'.

I won't be doing it much with the price of those 20" tires!

Old 03-16-2004, 02:19 AM
vHiEpMeIr
Record Breaker

Just a warning for those of you with the 20" wheels:
I took my HEMI to the dealership to have the suspension looked at because it was squeaking, the mechanics noticed the sandbags in my bed were pressed up against the tailgate. He told me that the tires they use for those 20" wheels burn off incredibly easy and are very expensive, he advised me to calm down.

Quick Reply: how to do a stand still