Dodge Ram The full size truck that leads the way in innovative and unique styling, the Dodge Ram. With best in class available horsepower, the Dodge Ram out runs any competitor.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Mall of Georgia

Bedliners

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2005, 11:29 AM
2ManyToys
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bedliners

Its time to put a bedliner in my new truck. I know that I am not getting a drop-in one. I was wondering what brands of spray-in liners yall have and what you think about them? Some too pricey, or some over hyped....

Old 06-23-2005, 12:32 PM
Drew
Professional
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Bedliners

Line-x here. I have some pictures in my gallery.

I realy like it. even though I had alot done and it did run me a bit, I got a good deal on the step bars and bed rails.

Old 06-23-2005, 12:59 PM
2ManyToys
Rookie

Also what did it cost you for over the rails, or under the rails? Thanks.

Old 06-23-2005, 04:52 PM
Drew
Professional
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

since I had the rockers sprayed he sprayed over the rails for free which is normaly $50 more

if I just had the bed itself done I would have walked out the door $437.

I had been to the Line-x shop before and chatted with the guy that does the work. what sold me was the owner of the store cought wind that the first truck he sprayed was involved in an accident, the bed was pretty much gone, but the liner had not cracked, only faded a bit. The owner had taken a chunk out of the middle of the bed for show so you can see that even though the edges are 1/4 inch thick, so was the center of the bed.

When I pulled up to drop my truck off they had JUST finnished spraying the entire inside of an E-350 15 passanger van. the guy uses it to haul stuff and every inch of the interior was sprayed. looked very nice.

one other thing that I also notice about Line-x is the absence of heat. my little toyota's dropin liner gets hotter than hades when out in the sun. my Line-x liner just gets slightly warm to the touch

Old 06-23-2005, 09:24 PM
ross944
Veteran

yup i got line x too and im in south texas, bed doesnt burn your but when you sit on it. stuff is tough and lifetime warranty, 470 for over the rails.

Old 06-24-2005, 06:02 PM
Cruzin90
Rookie

I'm a LINE-X dealer.

All tires are made of rubber but tires can have very different physical properties. The same goes with bedliners.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Old 06-25-2005, 03:02 AM
ViperGTS
Banned

I've heard Rhino-Lining is amazing material and the way to go, but Line-X is good also.

-Matt-

Old 06-27-2005, 02:13 AM
SlopMeister

For me, it came down to Rhino Liner vs Line-X.

I went with Line-X because of their nationwide warranty and the local dealer's excellent customer service. I've dropped and dragged stuff across the liner that probably would have cut or at least severely scratched a normal drop-in liner, but didn't leave one scratch on the Line-X.

Old 06-27-2005, 12:52 PM
Cruzin90
Rookie

LINE-X and Rhino differ quite a bit. The biggest difference is that LINE-X contains polyurea and Rhino does not. Polyurea enhances the bedliner’s properties: 1. LINE-X's temperature tolerance is 250 degrees and Rhino's is 175. As the temperature of the bed approaches the temp tolerance, it loses its strength. 2. Polyurea keeps moisture out of the solution thus making a more dense and solid liner. Less moisture also means better adhesion. 3. Polyurea also makes for a tougher liner. The tear strength of LINE-X is 304 pounds per linear inch (pli). Rhino is 145 pli. 4. Polyurea sets up very fast, that's one reason why LINE-X goes on with heat and high pressure. LINE-X dries in about 4 seconds, so you get an even application throughout the bed. Rhino takes a minute or so to even gel, an hour or so to dry. Before it gels, gravity can pull the liner from the top ridges in to the low valleys. Rhino’s Tuff Stuff goes on cold/low pressure and thus has that “cottage cheese” or “rain on the windshield” look. LINE-X’s high heat/high pressure system gives it a very nice finished and more consistently applied texture, it’s sort of like an orange peel. The dealer can vary the texture from smooth to very rough. 5. Polyurea makes the liner more chemical resistant, especially to organic oils and solvents.

Old 06-27-2005, 07:37 PM
2ManyToys
Rookie

Thanks all for the information. I went with the Line-X. Got a deal on it and it looks really good.

Quick Reply: Bedliners