Dodge Ram The full size truck that leads the way in innovative and unique styling, the Dodge Ram. With best in class available horsepower, the Dodge Ram out runs any competitor.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Mall of Georgia

Factory CD Player MUST go...

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2004, 04:53 PM
RJCaptain73
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Factory CD Player MUST go...

Nice looking install. Is that the Belkin auto-adapter for your iPod? I've been wanting to integrate my iPod into my car's stereo for a while, and I was going to use the Belkin. I'm going to be using the factory stereo, though...so I'm going to need an RF adapter to attach to the RCA-to-3/8" patch cable. I imagine this will sound fairly decent, as it would essentially be just like hooking up a CD changer through an RF adapter. I think, though, that I'll route the patch-cable between the dash and the carpet at floor-level, and use the floor-level power outlet just to keep things more out-of-sight.

Old 03-22-2004, 05:11 PM
sbutter21
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Factory CD Player MUST go...

It is a Belkin adapter. It has the line-in port on it. It's a great unit if you have the iPod with dock connector (3rd gen?). I have a belkin FM modulator that I use in my Samurai, it works great away from a city, about around Los Angeles it's frustrating. I usually have to change frequencies two or three times if I drive from one end of the city to the other. I couldn't stand it in my daily driver so the line-in was a must for me. I have no need for a cd changer since I have everything on my iPod. I might get an XM receiver someday but not for quite a while.

I didn't go with the lower power port for 2 reasons:
1. I'd still have to run the white ipod cable up to the pocket for my ipod (i like to keep it in reach incase i want to skip a song or change play lists).
2. The lower outlet is always on. If the truck is off, i don't need the ipod charger powered since I never leave it in my truck.

It just felt cleaner in the upper power port based on how I use mine (the ipod power cable gets to stay wrapped up).

-Sam

Quick Reply: Factory CD Player MUST go...