Dodge Ram The full size truck that leads the way in innovative and unique styling, the Dodge Ram. With best in class available horsepower, the Dodge Ram out runs any competitor.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Mall of Georgia

flowmaster super 40 series

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2004, 09:28 PM
stupidface
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default flowmaster super 40 series

i just bought on ebay couple of days ago, just installed it, and its a little more throuty, its got the rumble appeal but its still not loud like i wanted, i had a single in, single out 3in borla and it sounded a little more hush. the throtle feels the same, i figured i would give ya the heads up on this type of muffler,

Old 03-16-2004, 09:34 PM
Vader
Champion
Default RE: flowmaster super 40 series

Hope you enjoy. I actually thought it would be louder. Did you just cut in the muffler. I have seen some guys cut in the flowmaster and use a side exit in front of the tire. I bet that would be louder for ya.

Old 03-16-2004, 09:51 PM
stupidface
Professional

i wanted to,ya see a couple of days ago i went from a single all the way out, into a (y) configuration. 3inch Single in and a Y adaptor into to 3inch pipes out the rear which duels it all the out its sounds mad deep, i think the intake plays a bigger role inthis. i had a tube and cone filter combo, but changed it into the resonator box(the one that says 4.7 ram)on it and just put the cone on that and the rumble factor was rediculous loud and my throttle pickedup to. back to my response i forked out 100 for duel 3inch pipe and the bend look beautiful, i kinda dont want to waste the pipe i just had installed. but later on i prolly will try to get a duel side exit like the gibson, i beleive vador has if not mistaken, on the sound test video on the sight and sounds section,

Old 03-16-2004, 10:04 PM
gpzjack
Veteran

I just put the 40 series cat back on my 04. Put it this way i now know what neighbors have car alarms! I got the whole system for $320 from summit. Put it on in an hour in my driveway. It exits behind the rear wheels with stainless tips. Get rid of the tips and buy two extra pipes and you can exit out under the bumper.

Old 03-17-2004, 03:05 AM
bearcat74
Professional

Well alot of the noise is dependent on the intake set up. That coupled with a break in of quite a few thousand miles. My super 40 has gotten louder, especially over the last couple thousand. But concentrate on getting as much air in and you will get more out.

Old 03-17-2004, 07:18 PM
yawnshemi420
Captain

Yo I have the 40 on my 04'. It took about 5000 miles for it to get really loud, at first it didn't sound that hot but now its so Loud and Perfect I'm running Volant on it as well and the two make a nice combo.

give it time. Switch to Synth, everything on my truck changed after that... strange.

Quick Reply: flowmaster super 40 series