Dodge Ram The full size truck that leads the way in innovative and unique styling, the Dodge Ram. With best in class available horsepower, the Dodge Ram out runs any competitor.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Mall of Georgia

Bad evening..

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2004, 01:39 AM
ovek
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bad evening..

I did a 12 hour day at work, running way late, go out to the truck and press the alarm/unlock button and nothing happens. So i unlock the door the old-school way(with the key). Seems I left the headlights on again but this time noone came and told me. The battery was so dead it would not turn on the underhood light. After finally getting a jump i had to manually idle the thing for half an hour until it got enough charge to idle itself.

Anyways..

My question is.. do these things come with a lights-on warning bell? I am so used to my camaro yelling at me everytime i leave the lights on that i keep forgetting the truck doesnt do that. If the truck is equipped with it maybe it has gone bad? If not, does anyone know a commercial setup to install that will do this? It seems odd for a 97 to not have this sort of feature and I havent yet tried to look at the wiring under the dash to see.

thanks

Old 03-17-2004, 01:46 AM
Vader
Champion
Default RE: Bad evening..

What year you got, The Headlights on my 03 turn off on thier own after about a minute.

Old 03-17-2004, 01:47 AM
Vader
Champion

Opppps 97, should have audible chime if lights are on and key is removed.

Old 03-17-2004, 08:58 PM
RJCaptain73

I've had issues where I turn the lights off via the switch on the dash and the fog lamps remain lit after I pull the key out and hit the "lock" button on my keyless remote. If I notice it, and hit the "lock" button again, the lights go off.

Strange thing is that I had the EXACT same problem with my '95 as I am now having on my '03.

Old 03-17-2004, 09:31 PM
ovek
Rookie

ok so it sounds like it probably does have the feature, just broken. ill have to get the book out and see whats up

Quick Reply: Bad evening..