Dodge Ram The full size truck that leads the way in innovative and unique styling, the Dodge Ram. With best in class available horsepower, the Dodge Ram out runs any competitor.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Mall of Georgia

TUNE UP STUFF

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2004, 10:28 PM
deweysdodge
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default TUNE UP STUFF

GETTING READY TO TUNE UP MY 2001 DODGE RAM QC 5.2 JUSTWAS HOPING TO GET A LITTLE INPUT ON MY SELECTION AND SOME ADVICE ON WICH PARTS SEEM TO PERFORM BETTER THAN OTHERS.

bOUGHT A NAPA BRASS LEAD CAP AND ROTOR CHAMPION TRUCK PLUGS MY QUESTION IS WITH THE WIRES MY BROTHER WHO IS A MOPAR GUY FOR THE LAST 30 YEARS SWEARS BUY THE MOROSO BLUE MAX WIRES BUT THEY DO NOT LIST THEM FOR THE 2001 DOES ANYBODY OUT THERE HAVE A PREFERENCE FOR PREFORMANCE WIRES

tHANKS

Old 03-16-2004, 10:53 PM
dustyloins
R.I.P. Dusty (Retired Moderator
Hall of Fame Member
Default RE: TUNE UP STUFF

MSD wires are good and priced good...

Old 03-17-2004, 12:04 AM
Ratchet
Rookie
Default RE: TUNE UP STUFF

This is just from my experience, but I'm going to stick with stock wires from now on. I had a set of MSD performance wires on my last truck, and to be honest, didn't really notice any difference, and the wire going from the coil to the cap ended up wearing out and causing an intermittent "no start" problem. I ended up finding the bad wire when I got zapped through the insulation. Again, this is just my opinion, but the stock wires do the job, and they fit the way they're supposed to...

Quick Reply: TUNE UP STUFF