Dodge Ram The full size truck that leads the way in innovative and unique styling, the Dodge Ram. With best in class available horsepower, the Dodge Ram out runs any competitor.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Mall of Georgia

Tonneau Covers

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2004 | 02:36 PM
TwiztidRyda
Default Tonneau Covers

Who makes the best quality Low Pro Tonneau cover? I need something water proof (making trips, need to keep the clothes dry). I'm looking at getting either TruXedo or Extang.

Give me the type and your opinions on it. Any info will be helpful and greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advanced.

Old 03-17-2004 | 03:14 PM
meurich
Default RE: Tonneau Covers

I love my Truxedo...my buddy at work bought a Tonneu Master at the same time for a little less and it very nice too. IMHO The Truxedo has a better design for the latch which is all metal with no straps or plastic. But I don't think you could go wrong with either.

Old 03-17-2004 | 04:01 PM
04Dakota
Veteran

Look into the checkmate covers. I know a few people who have them and they have no complaints whatsoever. I ordered mine and it should be here by the end of the week.

Old 03-17-2004 | 07:53 PM
Klute
Professional

I opted for an Extang Blackmax that mounts above the rails.

I looked at the Extang lo profile and it was OK. I just didn't like how you access the bed. The Blackmax snaps all the way around the bed and you can get into anywhere. The lo pro one was OK, but not worth the extra $ to me.

Old 03-17-2004 | 07:56 PM
Aftrshck
Veteran

i have the fiberglass cover....and most of the time it is up on a rack not being used....I like having covers, however they seem to always be in the way for me....heh

Old 03-17-2004 | 08:14 PM
gravymonkey
Veteran

I have a fiberglass cover as well. I love the look of it on my truck, but I sometime have the problem of it being in the way sometimes too. That and cost are the advantages of a soft cover, or a cover that folds. But I'll still keep my hard shell cover.

-Erik

Old 03-17-2004 | 08:46 PM
TwiztidRyda

Thanks for all the comments. I was thinking about the hard cover but I haul my motorcycle around sometimes and don't want to have to bother taking off and putting on. Just bought a used closed-in trailer, that I will use when going to track days with a buddie. Also in the near future might put on some bed rails and the lo-pro would come in handy there too.

Old 03-17-2004 | 08:54 PM
Aftrshck
Veteran

glad i could help ya out....trailerin is the way to go in my eyes anymore....im too dang old for liftin them bikes up into the truck....ramp or no ramp...hehe

Old 03-17-2004 | 09:50 PM
lawntycoon
Professional

Well Im a big fan of undercover they are lighter than fiberglass, will not warp , one person can remove it , it has hangers if you want to hang it up in the garage.. it comes in a textured black but have seen them painted and it can hold a 350 lb man standing on it.....No im not 350 lbs im 245 and it does hold me up fine. it comes with a two lock system nothing fancy, everything stays dry under mine. it was $700.00 out the door. If I had my choice? And I would buy it again.....im a fan of fiberglass too but its just my opinion ....check out my site..........

Quick Reply: Tonneau Covers