Dodge Ram The full size truck that leads the way in innovative and unique styling, the Dodge Ram. With best in class available horsepower, the Dodge Ram out runs any competitor.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Mall of Georgia

Best sounding exhaust for a 04 hemi?

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2004, 07:18 PM
synseq
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Best sounding exhaust for a 04 hemi?

I just bought a 04 graphite gray hemi ram. Man these trucks are sweet. I got the 20 in. wheels so it gives the truck a even sharper look. I was wondering what the best sounding exhaust is for these trucks. I don't want something that sounds obnoxious just something with some aggressive tones would be nice.

-Thanks

p.s. I'll upload some pictures tomorrow.

Old 03-17-2004, 07:21 PM
yawnshemi420
Captain
Default RE: Best sounding exhaust for a 04 hemi?

Personally I'm a Flowmaster Guy. Love the Sound... LOVE the sound. I just came home from Vacation last night and that was the FIRST thing I did... Start up the hemi and listen to that rumble... I didn't drive anywhere I just missed her

Flowmaster 40 Series Dual Cats.

Old 03-17-2004, 07:27 PM
gravymonkey
Veteran

I don't have any input on aftermarket exhaust, I'm still running with stock (for now). I just wanted to say good choice in truck, engine, and color
I'll be looking into new exhaust soon.

Old 03-17-2004, 07:30 PM
Vader
Champion

Don't have the Hemi, 360 here. But I love my Gibson Swept Side. Not loud in the cabin but very agressive and deep on the outside.

Old 03-18-2004, 12:08 AM
synseq

ORIGINAL: gravymonkey

I don't have any input on aftermarket exhaust, I'm still running with stock (for now). I just wanted to say good choice in truck, engine, and color
I'll be looking into new exhaust soon.

Do you have any more pictures of your truck with that Tonneau cover? I want to get one I just haven't seen any on a graphite gray truck yet. What did you end up paying for that A.R.E. tonneau cover? Flowmasters... would it sound good if I just got the mufflers welded in or should I go with the whole catback.

I heard getting duals robs you of low-end HP/acceleration, is this true?

Old 03-18-2004, 01:26 AM
Jeff R

Just had a Magnaflow muffler put on my '04 Hemi....they ran dual from there to the stock side and put two stainless tips on. Looks great and sounds fairly aggressive. I use duel flowmasters on my '63 vette which is much more aggressive. The tone on the Magna seems to be more mellow and consistant throughout the RPM range. I like it!
Jeff

Old 03-18-2004, 09:08 AM
jfreeman74
Amateur

ORIGINAL: Jeff R

Just had a Magnaflow muffler put on my '04 Hemi....they ran dual from there to the stock side and put two stainless tips on. Looks great and sounds fairly aggressive. I use duel flowmasters on my '63 vette which is much more aggressive. The tone on the Magna seems to be more mellow and consistant throughout the RPM range. I like it!
Jeff
Do you have a sound clip? That is the muffler that I am thinking about getting. I want to do true duals with x or h pipe design though. Has anyone tried this?

Old 03-30-2004, 02:48 PM
plowboy

i have an 03 qc 2wheel and i put the gibson sport truck where it comes out duals on the pass side it sounds awsome

Quick Reply: Best sounding exhaust for a 04 hemi?