Dodge Ram The full size truck that leads the way in innovative and unique styling, the Dodge Ram. With best in class available horsepower, the Dodge Ram out runs any competitor.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Mall of Georgia

help

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2005, 07:50 PM
dodge_ram_kinda_gurl
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default help

Can anyone tell me what a 98 dodge ram, extended cab would run for? and about how much it would cost to get it painted pink?

Old 08-10-2005, 07:58 PM
DevilsReject
Noob Assassin
Default RE: help

that would all depend on the mileage of the truck, the various optional accessories that came with the truck, the condition of the truck, and most of all.....how much money you would be willing to give for it! [8D]

Painting it pink? Depends on the colors and what kind of paintjob you want. I personally have had a car with an $8,000 paint job on it. Mind you, I didnt have to pay for it, but that's how much it WOULD have cost.

Old 08-10-2005, 08:04 PM
dodge_ram_kinda_gurl

around maybe 80,000 miles or less. automatic. never been wrecked.
An all barbie pink with black barbwire pin stripe.

Old 08-11-2005, 04:50 AM
horatio102
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Paint absolutely depends on how much you're willing to spend. You can go get it done pink for $250 or whatever at your local Maaco, or you can spend upwards of $10k. Some people go to Maaco to get a decent paint job and guess what, you can do it if you spend money. I know of an old GTO that got a $4500 paint job at a Maaco, and it looked damned good. Expect to pay about a thousand dollars for a DECENT paint job. Not a great one, but a decent one.

As for the values,
www.edmunds.com
www.nadaguides.com
www.kbb.com

Look up the values on all three and go from there.

Old 08-11-2005, 01:49 PM
4DrMopar
Captain

Ok, the idea od color change comes up pretty regularly here....
IF you wanna do a color change, Black or white are the best colors to start with..... black is THE best... that way, you can leave the door jams and engine compartment alone,jsut a nice hard tape line done right,and its not as much of a eyesore and doesnt jsut draw yer eyes to it....
also, the paintjob dpendson how straight the body is..... if they have to fix a lotof stuff,then its going to cost more..... something else to consider for that... is if you find a GREAT truck, butit has dings in it.... a paintless dent guy like Dent Doctor or Mr Dent etc.... they get the marks out with out needing to repaint for MUCH less that the body work guy would charge.....I know it sounds silly as ****.. but I wanna see a PinkPanther pink (real chrysler color for the 60/70's with silver two tone bottom... do it like it was factory if ya were local I am SURE I could reccomend someone, also to do it RIGHT you need windows taken out so that they dont peel on the edge... if your not gonna own it long (itspink,its yours FOREVER) then half assit. if you are gonna keep it.... have the front windsheild and rear window removed to paint it... will also need the doors broekn down, Ie: door handles, window seals mirrors etc..... also need the grill removed, lights and things like that... let me tell ya what I tell everyone who asks, in a paintjob PREP is 90% off the price... most any fool with some practice can SPRAY thepaint (some sTILL run it to the floor) but the prep work is what makes your job from ok to good to DAMN thats NICE.....also,if not done right, IE they sand and hit baremetal (hard not to) and they dont seal it (not jsut prime, seal it) then it WILL rust from underneath.... paint jobs, engine rebuilds, heart surgery and disarming a nuclear bomb require patiance and skill, yeah, you CAN get it done by a cowboy.. but why?

Old 08-12-2005, 12:53 AM
dodge_ram_kinda_gurl

Thanks for the help.