Dodge Ram The full size truck that leads the way in innovative and unique styling, the Dodge Ram. With best in class available horsepower, the Dodge Ram out runs any competitor.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Mall of Georgia

[Deleted]

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2004, 12:20 PM
Deleted User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]

Old 03-21-2004, 02:30 PM
356MAGNUM
Record Breaker
Default RE: whats insde the air box,above the engine?

It is a baffle (muffler) for the intake system. It's job is to quiet down the intake noise and to hold the misc. connections for PVC return and etc. The air filter is off to the side in a seperate box connected with a hose.

Old 03-21-2004, 02:43 PM
Deleted User
Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]

Old 03-21-2004, 02:52 PM
356MAGNUM
Record Breaker

The problem with the baffle boxs is that they mess up the air flow with turbelence(sp). The CAI straighten out the air so it is more efficent(sp). AirRaid makes tubes that replace the baffle box. Granted it not a true baffle box with baffles but I think it more of a dog and pony show item. A place to put the engine size. I have the K&N also and gonna put on the tube its called M.I.T (modular intake tube). Or i am just going to a metal working place and get a tube mandrel bent to copy the M.I.T.

Old 03-21-2004, 03:29 PM
sgbofav
Professional
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: dansram

hey,thanks for the reply ,went out to the garage & removed the air hose between the air filter housing & air box .took a flashlight ,mirror looked inside the box over the engine ,no baffles ,just a empty box, i have a 3.7 in mine ,dont really see where a cai would help much,already have a k&n filter in there. thanks danny
The airhat is baffled, you can see it when you remove it. I have installed my CAI (no air hat) and then ran the stock set-up with a K&N drop-in and definately noticed a power increase with the CAI. You can even feel it in the gas peddle. It takes less effort to punch the throttle without the airhat then with it.

I have first hand experience with both and their is an inprovement with the CAI.

I removed my CAI because of the increased exposure to road grit and bugs. K&N has been known to filter less than paper (based on oil analysis results showing higher silicon or sand numbers when using K&N filters).

Bill,

Quick Reply: [Deleted]