Dodge Ram The full size truck that leads the way in innovative and unique styling, the Dodge Ram. With best in class available horsepower, the Dodge Ram out runs any competitor.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Mall of Georgia

Installed new Flows

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2004, 02:53 AM
CaliHemi
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Installed new Flows

Well I went with the 2.25" because I figure that since I now have 2 pipes and not one it would provided better flow...am I wrong?

Old 03-25-2004, 03:44 AM
LowRamonAir62
Default need help...tell me what you think

i have stock exhaust now and im getting flowmaster soon. im looking at getting super 40, any thing anybody can let me know to get really good sound out of it. i want deep nice sound or should i look into something different.

Old 03-25-2004, 06:40 PM
bullitt1229
Professional
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: CaliHemi

Well I went with the 2.25" because I figure that since I now have 2 pipes and not one it would provided better flow...am I wrong?
If I'm correct, the stock piping is 2.5". I'm pretty sure all the air flow has to do with physics, which I'm not any good at, but instead of providing better flow, you probably restricted it more than anything. To me, it sounds like you need to either get an entire new setup with 2.5" tubing or have the muffler shop weld in a 40 series muffler (which would be the cheapest way to go). You might even be able to make up the difference by selling the 50 series you have on there right now on ebay or locally. Other than that, I'm not sure what to tell you.

Old 03-25-2004, 11:18 PM
CaliHemi

Okay...Now I got to the bottom of this frickin' fiasco. I called up California Truck Works again and asking them why my truck seems sluggish after installing the new 50 series muffler (so they told me). They said that that's what flowmaster told them to put on the new Hemi's. It didn't seems right to me so I called flowmaster and gave them the part number that was on my reciept. They told me it was a 70 series! The muffler shop installed a 70 seriers muffler on my beautiful Hemi! Now I was pissed...so I called the muffler shop again and they told me that they were confused about which muffler they put on and that after reviewing the work done they finally agreed that it was the 70 series!! They told me that they would contact flowmaster...order the correct 50 series HD muffler designed for the 2004 hemi and install the muffler and 2.5" dual pipes. All they told me to pay was the difference in the cost of the muffler... Man I was mad... Only thing that I'm mad about now is that I have to drive around town with my Hemi on asthma.

Quick Reply: Installed new Flows