Dodge Ram The full size truck that leads the way in innovative and unique styling, the Dodge Ram. With best in class available horsepower, the Dodge Ram out runs any competitor.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Mall of Georgia

Exhaust system

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2005, 01:42 PM
silky
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Exhaust system

I have a 2001 Dodge ram 1500, V8, 5.2. I am looking at replacing my exhaust from the cat. back. Any suggestions on what type of exhaust to buy? I have heard that with replacing the exhaust to a bigger size that it can help with gas and horsepower.

Old 09-09-2005, 12:05 AM
Daksport1pa
Banned
Default RE: Exhaust system

Getting a more free flowing exhaust will give you a little more power. Don't really know what it does for gas mileage. Since you have a V8 if you want a real good rumble. Go with the Flowmaster 40 series muffler. Thats what I've got on my truck and it sounds awsome. If you go to your local exhaust shop they could get you one and fab up a custom single in dual out system. It'll look and sound great.

Old 09-09-2005, 12:38 PM
Joey0480
Rookie

this is offtopic but I went to look at an exhaust system this past weekend. The owner of the shop said that it was recently passed that if you put an aftermarket exhaust on your vehicle it will automatically fail inspection...how could this be true? It made no sense to me

Old 09-09-2005, 01:04 PM
DevilsReject
Noob Assassin

ORIGINAL: Joey0480

this is offtopic but I went to look at an exhaust system this past weekend. The owner of the shop said that it was recently passed that if you put an aftermarket exhaust on your vehicle it will automatically fail inspection...how could this be true? It made no sense to me
There isn't anyway thats possible. Most factory equipped exhausts dont even compare to aftermarket as they tend to be more efficient then what comes on it from factory. I'm sure the guy was either mistaken or was referring to certain things being illegal about the aftermarket exhaust......such as true dual exhaust or certain setups...that would make more sense....

There's got to be more to it then just an aftermarket exhaust.....as that would mean anyone not getting something done at a dealership would effectively be failing inspection.

Quick Reply: Exhaust system