Dodge Ram The full size truck that leads the way in innovative and unique styling, the Dodge Ram. With best in class available horsepower, the Dodge Ram out runs any competitor.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Mall of Georgia

Which catback should I get?

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2004 | 12:57 AM
synseq
Default Which catback should I get?

http://www.v8performance.com/pages/v...ory.asp?cat=56

I want the meanest sounding exhaust but I'm not familiar with Gibson exhausts. Which one of these should I get?

-Thanks

Old 03-30-2004 | 02:02 AM
bullitt1229
Professional
Default RE: Which catback should I get?

If it were me, I would get the Gibson Super Truck exahust. Stainless or aluminized, it's up to you. Personally, I would get the stainless because it is "less" prone to rust, whereas the aluminzed version will eventaully rust. This is the exhaust I was considering before I got my Borla muffler. The only reason I didn't get the Gibson is because I am in college and on a budget.

Old 03-30-2004 | 02:08 AM
Vader
Champion

I love my Gibson. I got the Aluminized, it was 100.00 less than Stainless. Rust is a good point but Truck will be long gone b4 rust starts. Mine is a Swept Side.

Old 03-30-2004 | 09:57 AM
fireballcoatings

I am installing the Pypes Exhaust aluminised / High polished Ceramic Coated Cat back this week. The ceramic coated pipe will not rust and it holds in 40% more heat than stainless or steel. It also maintains is shine / polish better than stainless does. I will post the sound and performance once its installed.

Here is their website

http://www.pypesexhaust.com/

Quick Reply: Which catback should I get?