Dodge Ram The full size truck that leads the way in innovative and unique styling, the Dodge Ram. With best in class available horsepower, the Dodge Ram out runs any competitor.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Mall of Georgia

air intake for hemi

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2004, 01:24 AM
hemi3
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default air intake for hemi

i just recently installed the k&n FIPK Gen II. since then the engine is much louder and when in overdrive and u get on it it is real loud until upshift louding sucking noise also just want to no if this is normal also overhead computer average mpg got lower is this possible i thought intake saved gas

Old 03-30-2004, 02:33 AM
Bucko
Rookie
Default RE: air intake for hemi

i bought the k&n aircharger a few months back and i havent noticed any change good or bad for the mpg. as for the comp i was told that it takes a few restarts for the comp to adjust to the new intake. i've been reading a few things and the trueflow intake for the hemi seems like its the way to go but the opinions i've read may be biased. i went with what i know best

Old 03-30-2004, 02:36 AM
Bucko
Rookie
Default RE: air intake for hemi

oh yeah, as for the noise. i thought my truck was loud with just the flowmaster. after i put on the K&N the noise is almost unbearable with the back window open. gave some girls walking by a good scare when i punched it, and now everyone wants to race. not a good idea on socal freeways.

Quick Reply: air intake for hemi