Dodge Ram The full size truck that leads the way in innovative and unique styling, the Dodge Ram. With best in class available horsepower, the Dodge Ram out runs any competitor.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Mall of Georgia

Problems with Windshield

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2005, 08:40 PM
ripto
Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Problems with Windshield

Hello, this is my first post so im not entirely sure if this is the correct spot for this

Anyway, ever since I bought my used 1998 dodge ram 1500 4x4 ext cab on 8/26/05, whenever it rains and I have to turn on my windshield wipers, the outside (it seems) of the windshield becomes cloudy. This only happens when the wipers pass over the glass, when they are done wiping the water away and are back to the off position, the cloud clears up instantly. For example, if I clicked on the blades and then immediately turned them off just so it would do one wipe (up and back down) the glass would cloud up (little spots on the windshield that would not seem to wipe away) and then they would go away within a few seconds. I have waxed the truck so im not sure if wax (I think its Eagle 1 Wax as you dry) is capable of doing this. Perhaps the wax spray got on the windshield then when the blades went over it, it spreaded it. However, I did use windex on the windshield and this problem is still there, anyone know why?

Another problem I have is last night it rained really hard, a heavy downpour. When I opened the passenger side door this morning (9/16/05) there was a puddle of water on my mat and a wet spot underneath it on the carpet. My friend opened up the glove box and noticed there was water inside of that so it seems that the water must have dripped down from the front of the truck and then seeped through into the glove box and then onto the mat, does anyone know what exactly this problem is or how it can be fixed?

Old 09-19-2005, 01:35 AM
2kramquad
Default RE: Problems with Windshield

Mine has fogged like this before, but usually only when it's really humid. I think you're probably right about the wax. It should come off with the Windex, but you will really have to scrub. Just for fun, make sure you clean the inside good too. As far as the water...I believe some truck have had a problem with water coming in near the base of the windshield.

Old 09-19-2005, 01:55 AM
ripto
Captain
Default RE: Problems with Windshield

Yep, Saturday I went to the place I bought the truck from and they said it could be wax as well and over time it should eventually come off. I've tried using a few different glass cleaners on the outside and inside but no dice so far. As for the water, they said it is something with the windshield and I have to call to make an appointment to get it checked out/fixed. They said no matter if you have time to do it now or 6 months from now we'll still do it for ya, so thats cool, no major costs for me.

Quick Reply: Problems with Windshield