Dodge Ram The full size truck that leads the way in innovative and unique styling, the Dodge Ram. With best in class available horsepower, the Dodge Ram out runs any competitor.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Mall of Georgia

Ram rear window, anyone?

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2004, 07:04 AM
Ram44maR
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ram rear window, anyone?

[&:]Has anyone out there in Ramland replaced their rear slider? Mine was destroyed while parked on the friendly streets of NOLA. How? Dunno...but it rains a LOT here, so... Anyway, I'd much 'preciate any tips or pointers. One specific thing that comes to mind, though...will I have to remove the head liner and rear seat to do this? I've got a quad cab, so the rear seat looks like an issue???

Old 04-01-2004, 11:21 AM
Deviousin10tions
Professional
Default RE: Ram rear window, anyone?

i haven't done it with a dodge, but I have with a toyota it's a two person job and you'll need some rope. But it isn't that difficult

Old 04-01-2004, 02:00 PM
stupidface
Professional

i have seen in a trukin magazine where u can get a lexxan back glass with ur license plate in it, i think lexxan is like a thick plexiglass virtually industructible, take that downtown and see somebody smash it

Old 04-01-2004, 11:47 PM
bearcat74
Professional

Ram44maR,
You should not have to remove the seat to do this job. Big hint take an old broom handle or similar sized dowel and make end handles on the ends of the rope for installing the new window. I also suggest that you use duct tape to with some give on the top to make sure the window does not fall out. I used the bicycle tire changing wedges to remove the old window in my Nissan a while back and useing a the methods above i was able to safely install the window. But the two man rule is always safer. Let us know if you have any further questions.

Quick Reply: Ram rear window, anyone?