Dodge Ram The full size truck that leads the way in innovative and unique styling, the Dodge Ram. With best in class available horsepower, the Dodge Ram out runs any competitor.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Mall of Georgia

Volant installed!

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2004, 06:57 AM
HEMI X
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Volant installed!

Good price on the Volant CAI.

http://www.eautoworks.com/html/ORD-A...ke-no-7005.htm

Old 04-10-2004, 10:33 AM
Tempsho
Professional

Not that I dont believe you guys, but that Volant air intake system looks almost identical to the factory airbox filter setup. The only real difference is the location of the filter, and the air filter itself. Doesnt seem worth it for $400+ cdn. I think i'll just make my own CAI

Old 04-10-2004, 03:35 PM
HEMI X
Professional

I paid 260.00 bucks for mine. Bought mine for the show more than the go.

Old 04-11-2004, 04:23 AM
yawnshemi420
Captain

The only similiarity between Volant and Stock is it mounts in the same spot, the hoses are way bigger, made from different materials, different filter design, different filter material, larger air box and looks way better, its not that cheap platic crap with the rubber hoses that heat up really easily.

Old 04-11-2004, 03:04 PM
sgbofav
Professional
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: yawnshemi420

The only similiarity between Volant and Stock is it mounts in the same spot, the hoses are way bigger, made from different materials, different filter design, different filter material, larger air box and looks way better, its not that cheap platic crap with the rubber hoses that heat up really easily.
Other than the fact that you have the Volant and have bias, can you prove the power increase is in fact their? Have you dyno tested the unit and verified any horsepower and torque gains over the "cheap platic crap with the rubber hoses that heat up really easily?"

The air traveling through the intake does not have time to heat-up because it is only there for a second or two before entering the engine.

Quick Reply: Volant installed!