Dodge Ram The full size truck that leads the way in innovative and unique styling, the Dodge Ram. With best in class available horsepower, the Dodge Ram out runs any competitor.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Mall of Georgia

87 Dodge W250 Idle stop solenoid!

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2014, 02:10 PM
Bukhuntre
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 87 Dodge W250 Idle stop solenoid!

Hey all. Im a newbie to the forum. I just bought an 87 W250. I have 2 issues I am trying to resolve...
1) The idle is too high. Like 1200rpms .. It seems that this Idle stop solenoid is keeping it from coming down. I cant seem to find anything on adjusting these things..i backed off the screw on the back of it to the point it no longer affects the rod..I read to ground one of the wires or something..IDK ..everything I find is vague..Please help! Im one step away from ripping off the intake and carb for a small manual choke 4bbl..( which I will eventually when $$ comes around)..
2) a slight hesitation when hitting the gas from stop mainly ..The accell pump has a real good squirt..I tried switching the rod to the outside hole thinking it was getting too much of a fuel blast..Thoughts ?

I am a veteran mechanic and love carb motors..But little to no experience with these carbs with electrical stuff..Its like veggies in a cake..I don't like it or get it..lol
Any help would be awesome! Thanks!
Adam

Quick Reply: 87 Dodge W250 Idle stop solenoid!