Dodge Ram The full size truck that leads the way in innovative and unique styling, the Dodge Ram. With best in class available horsepower, the Dodge Ram out runs any competitor.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Mall of Georgia

2009 dodge ram Laramie electrical

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2014, 05:59 PM
Abenfeld
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2009 dodge ram Laramie electrical

What is wrong with my truck when there is a clicking/clunking sound on the passenger side under the dash? When it does that then I can't change the speed of the air circulation fan and the windshield washer doesn't work. Then I wait a while and it all works normal again. Is there a computer or a few relays that are shot or frozen??

Old 12-04-2014, 05:13 PM
DodgeCACares
Record Breaker
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Abenfeld
What is wrong with my truck when there is a clicking/clunking sound on the passenger side under the dash? When it does that then I can't change the speed of the air circulation fan and the windshield washer doesn't work. Then I wait a while and it all works normal again. Is there a computer or a few relays that are shot or frozen??
Abenfeld,

I'm sorry to learn of your ticking issue.

How often is the noise heard? Does it disappear after the vehicle has warmed up?

When did the issue begin?

Old 12-05-2014, 12:55 PM
Abenfeld

It doesn't do it as frequently when it's warm but it still does it. It's usually there almost everytime I start the truck. I just bought it 2 weeks ago and it did that from when I had it.

Originally Posted by DodgeCACares
Abenfeld,

I'm sorry to learn of your ticking issue.

How often is the noise heard? Does it disappear after the vehicle has warmed up?

When did the issue begin?

Old 12-05-2014, 12:58 PM
TNtech
Site Moderator-Dodge Tech
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

Sounds like your Recirculation door is broken. There is a small housing that has to be replaced. I believe someone did a DIY for it on here, but I can't seem to find it.

Old 12-08-2014, 04:38 PM
DodgeCACares
Record Breaker
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Abenfeld
It doesn't do it as frequently when it's warm but it still does it. It's usually there almost everytime I start the truck. I just bought it 2 weeks ago and it did that from when I had it.
Abenfeld,

Have you had an opportunity to have a diagnosis? Or discussed the noise with where you bought the truck?

Old 12-09-2014, 09:13 AM
Abenfeld

I haven't done much with it yet, but I did check the recirculating door and when it makes that noise that door is not closing all the way. Where is the motor exactly on that door? What do I call it when I want to order a new motor?

Quick Reply: 2009 dodge ram Laramie electrical