Dodge Ram The full size truck that leads the way in innovative and unique styling, the Dodge Ram. With best in class available horsepower, the Dodge Ram out runs any competitor.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Mall of Georgia

2001 ram quad with off road package

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2004, 06:12 AM
chilock
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2001 ram quad with off road package

hello all - i have a 2001 dodge ram quad cab 4x4 with off road package - i am getting ready to change differential gear lube- i have a haynes manual ( yeah, pretty generic info) and the owners manual - i am looking for what type of gear lube i am supposed to use - of course the owners manual says to use mopar porducts - i plan on purchasing from local store though - what should i use - - i have the trac lock rear that is a 9.25 - i believe it to be the anti spin type but not sure - i dont have the tags the haynes manual speaks of - on the front i only see a series of numbers that i cant reference to anything else - any thoughts - i d o understand if it is anti spin i need to add a friction modifier and have read a synthetic like asmoil doesnt need the modifier - can anyone clear this up - how can i find out the front differential requirements for lube - i just hit 36,000 miles and want to make sure i keep the truck in good operating condition for at least 5 years - thanks in advance- if any other info is needed i am sorry i didnt post it - just please ask for info needed

Quick Reply: 2001 ram quad with off road package