Dodge Ram The full size truck that leads the way in innovative and unique styling, the Dodge Ram. With best in class available horsepower, the Dodge Ram out runs any competitor.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Mall of Georgia

posting question again

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2004, 11:43 PM
hemi3
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default posting question again

i have read an article stating that the hemi computer does not adapt for more air coming in or out it needs to programmed i have an 04 hemi ram with fipk k&n kit and flowmaster exhaust kit i cant tell much of a difference but there is one thing i do know my gas milage got worse which is funny because both these products advertise better milage i am thinking of going back to stock. the article about the computer was from car and driver and was posted in this forum. was wondering if anyone has any feed back on this.

Old 04-12-2004, 07:18 PM
hemi3
Default RE: posting question again

it seems know has an answer for me about this topic i guess i will try somewhere else

Old 04-12-2004, 11:54 PM
BigDave
Professional

We're sorry, please comeback.

I don't have dyno numbers, but I feel a difference with my catback & CAI. I would recommend resetting your computer. There are some tricks like pulling fuse #19(?) and turning your key for 30 sec until you hear a chime, but a tried & true method is to disconnect your battery fot 10 minutes. Give it a try.

Old 04-13-2004, 12:29 AM
hemi3

thanks i will try reseting the computer but what about the gas milage did yours get worse like mine

Old 04-13-2004, 03:05 AM
BigDave
Professional

It's definitely worse, but thats because I keep flooring it. Actually, I just installed it on Friday, so it should be a month or so before I could pass judgement.

Old 04-13-2004, 03:07 AM
BigDave
Professional

One note, pull fuse 19 if you have a 2003 & fuse 23 if you have a 2004. I'm not an expert, but that's what I have read on another forum.

Old 04-13-2004, 09:22 PM
hemi3

thanks again its just weird that it got worse considering both performance products brag that the fuel milage will get better witch makes me wonder because if the article on the computer not adjust to more air than the intake and exhaust are doing nothing or if anything the computer is set to the stock equipment and that is why the milage got worse it is really hard to tell without a dyno because the noise makes u think your faster.

Quick Reply: posting question again