Dodge Ram The full size truck that leads the way in innovative and unique styling, the Dodge Ram. With best in class available horsepower, the Dodge Ram out runs any competitor.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Mall of Georgia

Bored at work, changed my oil

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2004, 03:17 AM
Tempsho
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bored at work, changed my oil

So ya, I have been working 13 hour night shifts all weekend, and my truck is at work. I decided to change my oil, its been a while and it really needed to be done. The oil was pretty damn black and smelled funny.

10W30 Mobil 1 and Formula 1 oil filter.

So ya....back to watching the hockey game. Work is tough. I think I might detail my truck later also.

Old 04-12-2004, 04:48 AM
nateramirez
Default RE: Bored at work, changed my oil

running those 285's do you have a serious lack of power like I do. I switched my stock 245's out for 285's and lost a lot. I was just wondeirng if you had this problem to. when I go to tow my boat I really notice it.

Old 04-12-2004, 05:02 AM
Tempsho
Professional

I didnt run the orginal 245's for very long (maybe a few weeks?) I did lost a bit though. What gears are you running? Try switching to 4.10's

Old 04-12-2004, 11:50 AM
Ruslt
Rookie

Sounds like my days at work. I plan on insulating my CAI at work today after our staff meeting.

Old 04-12-2004, 04:58 PM
dodgefreak
All Star

so temp...what kinda job do you have??

Old 04-12-2004, 11:44 PM
356MAGNUM
Record Breaker

When you put on bigger tires you are changing the overall effective gearing of the truck. I am currently at the base and dont have access to my home computer right now but on weds i can give you the exact tallness difference between the two tires. I do believe the rule is 3" difference in size then its time to go to an gear change. Bigger tires will make the speedo read slower than the truck is actualy going(I think or it maybe the otherway around.) The incorrect speed reading will affect the shift points on your transmission also. Have you had the computer flashed for the difference in tire size? Well I dont claim to be an expert but this is my $.02

Quick Reply: Bored at work, changed my oil