Dodge Ram The full size truck that leads the way in innovative and unique styling, the Dodge Ram. With best in class available horsepower, the Dodge Ram out runs any competitor.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Mall of Georgia

Black = Scratches

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2004, 08:23 PM
jojo
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Black = Scratches

Alright,
I just bought a new black Ram 2500 and i got a little problem that i would like to hear so thought on. The truck is only 4 days old and there are already little scratches on the door ( low down ). The same thing happens right behind the rear wheels. I already bought mud guards for the front but the dont seem to to help alot. So now i was wondering if you can maybe spray some clear coat or something on there to protect it or maybe spray bed liner on there. Any thought ???
Thanks in Advanse

PS: Sorry about my bad english iam just learning.

Old 04-12-2004, 08:37 PM
yawnshemi420
Captain
Default RE: Black = Scratches

Same problem here, Black 1500. Keep Her clean, Wax her. That's about it as far as I know.

Black is a pain in the **** but its so gorgeous when its spotless.

Old 04-12-2004, 09:44 PM
HEMI X
Professional

Black.[:@] Black!

Old 04-13-2004, 11:22 AM
04Dakota
Veteran

I had a black truck once and swore to never buy anything black again. You're right it's beautiful when it's clean but there is no way on Earth to keep it that way. And I don't believe there is a way to keep scratches off of it

Old 04-13-2004, 10:37 PM
jojo

Come on any thoughts
Iam not to conserned about the scratches, more about that on the lower door the you can see little dents from rocks hitting it and the paint fell off.

Old 04-14-2004, 04:35 PM
stennett

3M makes a clear guard for stone chips and scratches. Its like tape except its made of the same material as clear coat on the paint. You put it on the front end or on the rocker panels and it absorbs the abuse instead of the paint. Its completely clear, can be waxed and or buffed. Its about 3X as thick as the clear coat on the truck. My dealership tried them and they looked good but people didn't want to spend the money on them so we discontinued it. Its an option. I don't know the brand name but a body shop or accessory store should put you in contact.

Old 04-18-2004, 07:23 PM
JC
Professional

Black is a royal pain in the ****.. But, wax, wax, and wax, and it will last forever. Plus is looks damn sexy when clean. I typically wash the vehicle two times before waxxing just to make sure ALL the dirt / film is off.

Old 04-18-2004, 11:08 PM
mikebol
Veteran

Same feelings here on black... Owned one once and never will again. I have a Molten Red RAM now and it is not quite as bad but I do notice it getting dirty easily.

Have you considered putting some chrome plating along the bottom of the truck? I've seen this before on other trucks and it looked really sharp. Not sure how I'd look on Black.

Mike

Quick Reply: Black = Scratches