Dodge Ram The full size truck that leads the way in innovative and unique styling, the Dodge Ram. With best in class available horsepower, the Dodge Ram out runs any competitor.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Mall of Georgia

Draining water from filter hou

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2003, 01:22 AM
Trace
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Draining water from filter hou

Can anybody tell me how to check the filter housing for water and how to drain it when needed? If this has already been covered, please forgive the redundancy, and let me know where to find the information. Thank you. The specs on my truck are in my signature/

Old 10-29-2003, 04:57 AM
Shogunn

Originally Posted by Trace
Can anybody tell me how to check the filter housing for water and how to drain it when needed? If this has already been covered, please forgive the redundancy, and let me know where to find the information. Thank you. The specs on my truck are in my signature/
There really shouldnt be any water in there if in fact you are talking about the intake. Especially on a truck as long as you dont have a CAI in which case you should have an Intake Bypass Valve.

Old 10-29-2003, 11:49 AM
Dodgegirl19
Lady Administrator
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

You shouldn't be getting water in there whatsoever... Take of the screws and clamps remove the housing, and take it off the truck and drain it. It's quick and easy...

~Amanda

Old 01-26-2004, 08:58 AM
kenny

THERE'S A LEVER HANDLE ON THE SIDE OF THE HOUSING THAT DRAINS LIQUID FROM THE BOTTOM. THE CONDENSATION IN THE FUEL TANK WILL COLLECT IN THE FILTER AND CAN GET DRAINED THIS WAY. YOU COULD USE A DIESEL ADDITIVE THAT MIXES WITH THE MOISTURE AND WILL BURN. THE FILTER SHOULD BE CHANGED EVERY YEAR ANYWAY.

Quick Reply: Draining water from filter hou