Dodge Ram The full size truck that leads the way in innovative and unique styling, the Dodge Ram. With best in class available horsepower, the Dodge Ram out runs any competitor.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Mall of Georgia

Rims

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2004, 03:48 PM
Ram1500Hemi
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rims

I recently purchased my 2004 Ram1500 Hemi (Graphite) with the 20" rims. I can't seem to get the chrome to shine like the "homies" [>:] Does anyone know what I can use to really get these tings to sparkle?

Old 04-19-2004, 04:07 PM
mazz
Veteran
Default RE: Rims

My guess is that you have the aluminum version, as opposed to the chrome-clad version. If that's the case, polish and elbow grease, and even then, you won't come close to sparkling as much as chrome.

Old 04-19-2004, 04:15 PM
356MAGNUM
Record Breaker

If they are the polished aluminum rims, you can go to a body shop supply store or if you are lucky at a hardware store and find a drill attachment the looks like a fuzzy ball. It like a polishing wheel but shaped like a ball. I have used this with a cordless drill and chrome polish. Lot easier than elbow grease.

Old 04-20-2004, 05:11 AM
ANIMAL
Amateur

In order to polish the aluminum rims you will have to strip them first as they have a clear coat on them.Unless you have a lot of time on your hands that you dont know what to do with I would not do it.Once you strip em you will have to polish them often and is a lot of work.
ANIMAL

Old 04-20-2004, 11:47 AM
mazz
Veteran

ORIGINAL: ANIMAL

In order to polish the aluminum rims you will have to strip them first as they have a clear coat on them.Unless you have a lot of time on your hands that you dont know what to do with I would not do it.Once you strip em you will have to polish them often and is a lot of work.
ANIMAL
I've seen posts on this and other boards indicating the aluminum rims are not clearcoated. Perhaps the jury is still out.

Old 04-23-2004, 01:20 AM
jaybo444

Mine are without a doubt clear coated...I know cause it's peeling off of the right rear and looks like crap! Gotta figure out how to strip it all off now......

Quick Reply: Rims