Dodge Ram The full size truck that leads the way in innovative and unique styling, the Dodge Ram. With best in class available horsepower, the Dodge Ram out runs any competitor.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Mall of Georgia

Nissan Titan Secret Shopper

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2006, 12:11 AM
Pat Delaney
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Nissan Titan Secret Shopper

ORIGINAL: sandiegohemi

I had an 04 F150, and they are luxurious inside. But, they lack in the power department in a serious way. The Ram and Titan are MUCH MUCH more responsive loaded or unloaded. Plus, my F150 was returned under the Lemon Law . . . only lasted 7,000 miles. If that is "built Ford tough" then they gotta do better.

I don't know if you have an F150, but when I had one, I noticed when on the freeway the top of the hood would shake. The dealer said this was normal. Well, I noticed the side panels would do it as well. Again, dealer said this was normal due to the new metals on the F150. Can you say cheap????

Well I'm sorry about your lemon, but with as many F-150's as Ford is selling they must be doing something right.

Yes I do own a 2004 F-150, but I aslo own a 2005 Ram (It came with a comstruction company I purchased). I do agree with you about the power of the stock F-150. The electronic throttle body of the F-150 is definately not for the performance minded. However, my electrician has a 2005 4X4 5.4L F-150 with a superchips tuner and has upgraded to 4.10 gears and at the track (Milan Dragway) he consistently outruns my Hemi 4X4 w/ 4.10's in the 1/4 by just under 3/4 of a second. Although Milan Dragway has no time/speed for the 1 mile mark... he's also ahead of my by nearly 3 truck lengths by the 1 mile mark.

Also, my truck tops out at 112 and his will do about 135 (estimated because speedo stops at 120).

Less claimed HP, less claimed torque, smaller engine, but still faster in every category.

As we speek my Ram is sitting at McInerny Dodge/Chrysler/Jeep having the transmission repaired for the 3rd time and replacing my headlight because it thinks it's a fish tank.

Old 03-25-2006, 02:43 AM
sandiegohemi
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Nissan Titan Secret Shopper

Well, sometimes its the luck of the draw when it comes to trucks. I'll never drive a Ford again, and you have had some bad luck with your Dodge.

As for the modded F150 beating the Hemi, that can happens with the proper mods. But, if you put a Superchips on your Hemi, you'll blow away that F150. Even with Superchips, the F150 is a dog over 3000 RPM's (all of it's torque is down low). So, mod for mod, the Hemi will beat it. That is like me saying my truck, with the CAI, exhaust, and Superchips is faster than a stock Hemi . . . duh. But if you take a Ford, Chevy, and Dodge, add equal modifications, you'll still see the Dodge on top. But, if you are right, and your buddy beats you by 3 lengths - I have a hard time believing that.

Visit this link - http://trucktrend.com/roadtests/pick..._overview.html .
You will see a 5.4 2WD F150 does 0-60 in 9.1 seconds. A Hemi Ram does it in 7.7. So, you are saying 4.10 gears and Superchips made your buddies F150 almost 2 seconds quicker 0-60? I call bull****.

I have friends with F150's and even though mine is a 4x4, I've never been beaten by them - even if their trucks are 2WD. Now, a 2WD Titan is another story. But trying to say an F150 is even close to a Hemi in power is hard believe. Especially considering I have had both, and have actually raced other F150's. If your friend does have the programmer, I do believe he will take you off the line, but he won't beat you in a 1/4 mile (again, see the Truck Trend link, the F150 is 1 second slower in the 1/4 mile).

As for the comment about Ford doing something right because they sell so many - that is a whole other argument. I know you haven't been on Dodge Forum long, but we've discussed this at length. Ford is great at fleet sales - you know, the regular cab, long bed with vinyl floors? You can buy those for a business cheaper than a Dodge. That accounts for a lot of the sales of the F150. I am not saying anything is wrong for you by liking the Ford, its just that Ford does nothing for me. I'm not impressed with their styling, their power, their reliability, and the image. When I think of Ford, I think of plain, squared off bodies (i.e. the F250, F350, F150, etc). I think of underpowered motors. That's just me.

Quick Reply: Nissan Titan Secret Shopper