Dodge Ram The full size truck that leads the way in innovative and unique styling, the Dodge Ram. With best in class available horsepower, the Dodge Ram out runs any competitor.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Mall of Georgia

Rattle/Squeak Coming from Unde

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2003, 04:23 PM
I RIde High
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rattle/Squeak Coming from Unde

I recently Bought a 2001 5.9L Dodge Ram. After DSriving with my Windows up and radio off i could hear a speak/ rattle coming from under teh car. When i take it out of drive it stops 90% of the time. I seems its coming from either the tranny or something right under the driver Floor where i put my feet. Any ideas...</P>

Pleas help its drving me INSANE!</P>

Old 10-30-2003, 07:23 PM
DODGE Germany

Hi, I had have a similar problem, and I searched at many hot spots.Actual it was the loose exausting fitter and this tube was rubbing and clocking at the frame depending on the underground and the throtltle.Try to check this out, before getting totally insane. Bye,DODGE Germany</P>

Old 10-30-2003, 08:24 PM
dodgefreak
All Star

thats a good possibility

I was just going to suggest that its in your suspention (shock or something) and when you take it out of drive you start slowing down causing the sound to stop?

Old 10-31-2003, 05:21 AM
DODGE Germany

Hi, its me again, I ´ve just spoken witha mechanic at my localdealer, andhe said is maybe a wornout crossmember of the drivetrain.You got two of them near your transmission (4WD) andone by 2WD.If they´re not really greased, they started to sqeak(speciallly under throttle) and laterthey could start rattle if they´re worn out.For me it sound****ting much betterto your discriptionas my 1st. idea. If I´m right,you have to repair it instantly, because if not, the not smooth running drivetrain will destroy your transmission bearings(many bucks!!! ) very soon. Bye, Mikel (Dodge Germany)</P>

Old 11-01-2003, 02:01 AM
I RIde High

i took it in cus i couldnt figure it out, the guys said at the shop that it is a worn out mount located right under the driver floor. The part comes in tomorrow so i will see if it fixes the problem, Ill also have him check the drivetrain cross member(thanks for the tip Dodge Germany)</P>

Thanks</P>

Old 12-29-2003, 08:39 PM
dodgeman

Hi, this is Dodgeman</P>

I have the same problem, I have a 01 4x4 QC, it sweaks when in Drive. it stops while in other gears. It is making me crazy. please let us know if it works. I have nurf bars on mine and I just finished tightening it up at that location. The body mount under the drivers floor.</P>

</P>

Quick Reply: Rattle/Squeak Coming from Unde