Dodge Ram The full size truck that leads the way in innovative and unique styling, the Dodge Ram. With best in class available horsepower, the Dodge Ram out runs any competitor.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Mall of Georgia

91 Ram odometer/tripmeter

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2004, 09:59 PM
WiLieR[SS]
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 91 Ram odometer/tripmeter

Hello everyone,
Forums noob here.
Working on a friends 91 Dodge Ram 1/2 ton 2wd, 3.9 litre three speed auto tranny truck.
The speedometer works but the trip meter and odometer do not work. Any ideas? My friend can't afford to spend much on the truck, so if the odo/trip are gonna be expensive to fix then we will just have to let that slip for now. Been so many other problems (the truck sat for two years before I started working on it) that her bank account is drained. Just a list of replaced items so far:
Full tune up (air filter, plugs, wires, cap, rotor, oil change, timing checked, fuel injectors <tbi> cleaned, fuel filter, old gas drained and replaced with new)
Trans serviced (fluid/filter change, bands adjusted)
Front calipers replaced along with hoses and full system brake bleed
cooling system flushed
power steering fluid drained and replaced with new
a/c compressor, condensor, drier and evap swapped with 134a conversion
rearview mirror remounted to windshield with required cardboard shaped pine tree to mask mildew smell from old carpet in floorboard

The odo/trip issue just has me baffled. I have seen entire units quit but this is my first time to see just one part of the speedo head quit but the other part function just fine. Thanks for any help that can be given!

Old 04-23-2004, 10:33 PM
WiLieR[SS]
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: 91 Ram odometer/tripmeter

bump

Anyone got any ideas on this one? I still haven't been able to figure out an answer for it yet.