Dodge Ram The full size truck that leads the way in innovative and unique styling, the Dodge Ram. With best in class available horsepower, the Dodge Ram out runs any competitor.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Mall of Georgia

hemi programmer

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2004, 10:54 PM
mississippi
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default hemi programmer

I was on this website and noticed that they had a superchips microtuner for sale. Anyone know anything about this product. Are the gain s "realistic"? Tell me whatcha think. http://www.performancecombos.com/nav...?custid=787302

Old 04-21-2004, 11:17 PM
B][GT
Professional
Default RE: hemi programmer

My guess that ranks right up there with the Hypertech one that will be out soon ive read. Not sure on how real those numbers are, and from what iver read any perfromance gains will become.. negligable ? .. in a matter of time becuz the computer in the truck will learn and adjust to any gains. So all that would remain would be the raised shift points, govenor, and the ability to reprogram you speedo for new gear/tires. Also, i dont think those programmers will disable the TCM effects on detuning the motor, which we've all experinced. I myself am waiting for the KenneBell pcm, but thats more coslty, and the truck will be outa commision while the pcm is sent to him and back. Not a option for most people.

Old 04-21-2004, 11:58 PM
moparturd
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The wait is typically about a week for the Kenne Bell. I'm with you on this one. It should make the engine more responsive to other modifications.

Old 04-22-2004, 01:49 AM
yawnshemi420
Captain

Huh, the Kenne Belly whatty? Can you explain that please.

thx

Old 04-22-2004, 05:35 AM
B][GT
Professional

The Kenne Bell Optimizer 2 .. [sm=smiley20.gif]

http://www.kennebell.net/accessories...optimizer2.htm

You pull your computer out of your truck, like mopartodd says, around a week time the truck will be down. And in return you get all the goodies of a new puter, with not TCM crud, no govenor, i believe, it might just get raised over 120mph. Modified fuel/spark curves, firmer shifts.. all in all.. the whole ball of wax. Sounds like a blast to me, i cant wait!

Ooooooor.. if thats not fun enuff wait for the soon to be released super charger .. 500hp.. oh ya baby!

Old 04-22-2004, 10:51 AM
moparturd
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

500 HP. I wonder how long the tranny will live behind that. I really would like to know when the Optimizer II is coming out. On the Hemi, it should kick it pretty good right out of the box.

Quick Reply: hemi programmer