Dodge Ram The full size truck that leads the way in innovative and unique styling, the Dodge Ram. With best in class available horsepower, the Dodge Ram out runs any competitor.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Mall of Georgia

Removing Converter.

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2004, 11:16 PM
Mikeg1005
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Removing Converter.

Hey everyone, I'm new to this forum, I hope I can find the info I need here. I want to install a flamethrower system on the back of my 99' Dodge Ram 1500. I have the Flowmaster American Thunder cat-back, and a stock converter. In order for the flamethrower to work, I need to remove the converter. I know the fact that it is illegal so you don't have to tell me that but, what I want to do is replace it with a pipe that I can take off when it comes to emissions testing and then put it back on afterwards. Does anyone have any ideas for how I could get or make a pipe like this, I would just connect it to the headers and the muffler with clamps. Thanks, Mike.

Old 04-22-2004, 07:21 PM
Mikeg1005
Professional
Default RE: Removing Converter.

Does anyone think that maybe a muffler shop would be able to hook me up with something like this?

Old 04-22-2004, 07:24 PM
dustyloins
R.I.P. Dusty (Retired Moderator
Hall of Fame Member
Default RE: Removing Converter.

I would call around. If you can't find a shop that would do it, one of the mechanics surely would "after hours"...

Quick Reply: Removing Converter.